Taiwanted asking for MONEY

I know I’m really thick, but everytime I try to post an ad in Taiwanted it asks me for money. Is this a new thing? I’ve posted ads before for free. Am I doing something wrong?

Hey man! How about fronting me a couple gs? I’m a little light.

I just placed one, at one stage it asked which package I wanted, one of which is free. Maybe you messed that bit up?

Only housing ads show up on the preview on the main page, so noone’s going to see my ad anyway.

PS. Buy my stuff!

PPS. I typed a price into the price box, but is now showing as $0. Administrators, Did you test this?

“Show Maps” is a required field. Don’t make me post it on that other site. Is this thing working poke

Hey admins, could you please clarify this, and perhaps clean up the clunky Taiwanted ad placement process?

First, the main page of Taiwanted should clearly state whether or not ads are free. If some require a fee, which kind do? I tried testing it with a ‘tutor wanted’ ad, and it said that would cost NT$3000.

Second, the categories fail to distinguish between a commercial school seeking a teacher, and an individual seeking a private tutor. The latter kind isn’t going to be interested in paying fees that size for an ad.

Third, the payment method only lists ‘check/money order’. Those aren’t normal payment methods in Taiwan.

Finally, the site gives no indication of which button will “Place the ad” (you just press one in a series of ‘continue’ buttons, and are suddenly thanked for having placed an order, giving someone who is merely testing the system no opportunity to stop before placing a fake ad). It also fails to provide any info about how to pay for the ad, if in fact that is required.

It’s all very confusing and will discourage people from using the site.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Hey admins, could you please clarify this, and perhaps clean up the clunky Taiwanted ad placement process?

First, the main page of Taiwanted should clearly state whether or not ads are free. If some require a fee, which kind do? I tried testing it with a ‘tutor wanted’ ad, and it said that would cost NT$3000.

Second, the categories fail to distinguish between a commercial school seeking a teacher, and an individual seeking a private tutor. The latter kind isn’t going to be interested in paying fees that size for an ad.

Third, the payment method only lists ‘check/money order’. Those aren’t normal payment methods in Taiwan.

Finally, the site gives no indication of which button will “Place the ad” (you just press one in a series of ‘continue’ buttons, and are suddenly thanked for having placed an order, giving someone who is merely testing the system no opportunity to stop before placing a fake ad). It also fails to provide any info about how to pay for the ad, if in fact that is required.

It’s all very confusing and will discourage people from using the site.[/quote]

Please do it soon, it’s driving Snadman to drink.

Oh, wait, hold on…

Let’s face it Taiwanted is dead in the water in its present iteration…which is a shame cos we all know Tealit sucks. It seems to get less traffic even than a year ago. None of the links seem to work on the flob main page and we’ve been advertising Alita’s bedsit and a diatonic xylophone for about half a year. :cactus:

But that’s a problem if we’re always asking people to post there (e.g. redirecting classified-type posts).

Just looking at it now; there’s something very wrong with the format. It’s supposed to be a capsule format that you click on to read further details. But the capsules are supposed to have thumbprint photos and prices as basic info. But almost none do; so its pages of “NO PHOTO AVAILABLE” messages and prices of $0. Plus the rental section has been taken over by commercial agents and their bait and switch adverts.

Its crap; rip it up and start again.

[quote=“the bear”]Just looking at it now; there’s something very wrong with the format. It’s supposed to be a capsule format that you click on to read further details. But the capsules are supposed to have thumbprint photos and prices as basic info. But almost none do; so its pages of “NO PHOTO AVAILABLE” messages and prices of $0. Plus the rental section has been taken over by commercial agents and their bait and switch adverts.

Its crap; rip it up and start again.[/quote]Noted. And thanks, we’re on it. I think we’ll have an agents section for accomodations - would that work?

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“the bear”]Just looking at it now; there’s something very wrong with the format. It’s supposed to be a capsule format that you click on to read further details. But the capsules are supposed to have thumbprint photos and prices as basic info. But almost none do; so its pages of “NO PHOTO AVAILABLE” messages and prices of $0. Plus the rental section has been taken over by commercial agents and their bait and switch adverts.

Its crap; rip it up and start again.[/quote]Noted. And thanks, we’re on it. I think we’ll have an agents section for accomodations - would that work?[/quote]

Yeah that’d work but you’d have to have someone monitor the main section to stop them sneaking in on the sly, like.