TAIWANTED.COM rejected my username and password in Forumosa

Do you have anyone at your work who can help you advertise on a Chinese site? That’s probably going to be the best way if you are in a hurry.

Hi rustlive, sorry to hear of your difficulty. I’ve opened an account for you at Taiwanted. Check your PM box for the password.

Best regards,

Anthony

Thanks very much, Anthony!

Hmm, I hadn’t thought to try advertising it in Chinese. Maybe I’ll ask a Taiwanese friend for help with that.

tealit doesn’t have a bricks n’ mortar office in Taiwan AFAIK…its just a couple of shysters in a secret location :cactus:

This has been going on since JANUARY???

No wonder the traffic has been near zero on Taiwanted for ages now!

I’ve got one of the moderators trying to work on my account, but as it hasn’t worked yet, he created another one for me which works fine.

Is it the case then, that only new IDs/accounts will work?

So here’s some details of my experimenting with this problem, via 2 emails with one of the mods, in case anyone’s interested, or if its of any use (mainly saving you the time I spent trying to work around it) by you or other mods simultaneously working to fix this:

------------------------(Moderator had tried to synch the 2 sites with my account):

Holy smokes, that was the fastest reply I’ve ever received to a problem, thank you! Unfortunately, I still have the problem(s):

1.I first logged into Forumosa, went to Taiwanted to place an ad and tried to log in with my same ID (which already is redundant - isn’t there a synch between the two sites, say, if you’re already logged into one, you’re already logged into the other?), and it still said: "I am sorry, but your username or password is incorrect. "

2.I then tried (after clearing my cookies / cache, etc.): Logged out of Forumosa, went to Taiwanted “clean”, clicked on ‘place an ad’, typed in my Forumosa ID and password…and still – cannot log in!

Any idea? Thanks, :slight_smile:

------------------------(Moderator then created an extra account for me [I’ll call it “2”, vs. my original “!” account], so at least I could use something for now to place up an ad):

Firstly, thanks for setting up that temp secondary account. I’ll use it for now until the ads expire. Apparently, this problem has been going on for most of this year, and part of last year, with numerous posts / complaints about it at: http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=113 [this forum here]

Regarding the synchronization of the 2 sites, one user (Loretta on Sep. 12 on the first page of below) posted this as an idea: http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=66155&start=10

Here’s where we are now:

**I can be logged in simultaneously with Taiwanted and Forumosa using different tabs in my browser:
1.When logged into Forumosa with my “!” (original) account, I can go over to Taiwanted (by clicking on the link) and it will appear as my “2” (secondary account), so my trusty Firefox doesn’t seem to confuse the cookies up.
2.In reverse, exactly the opposite: Logged into Taiwanted with “2” account within Taiwanted, if I click on the Forumosa link, I’ll will then be logged into there with my “!” account.

**Now being logged into only one account per browser:
1.When logged into Forumosa with my “!” account and clicking on the Taiwanted link, when I’m directed there, it says I’m logged out…no “!” account, or otherwise.
2.Same in reverse: When logged into Taiwanted with my “2” account, clicking on the Forumosa link and being directed there – it says I’m logged out, as well.

I even tried the reverse of the above – switching the two accounts with the two sites. Same result.

So now, though I have a newer, working temporary account, the same two problems remain:

1.My old “!” primary account cannot be used on Taiwanted (but ok with Forumosa) (and my new secondary “2” account works on both sites…[so 3 out 4 pieces fit])
2.The synching of the two sites is TOTALLY non-existent.

I hope this is of some help! (And I can get my old account working on Taiwanted!)

Thanks in advance, :slight_smile:

Someone with real technical expertise needs to start up a alternative to tealit.com and taiwanted.com

Can’t login to taiwanted and can’t post an image on tealit. :thumbsdown:

You can go to Shida on Heping East Road and post your add on the board at the Mandarin Training Center.

[quote=“Maoman”]Hi rustlive, sorry to hear of your difficulty. I’ve opened an account for you at Taiwanted. Check your PM box for the password.

Best regards,

Anthony[/quote]

Hi Maoman,
Same problem, can you please make me an account as well ?
Thanks.

[quote=“It is me again”][quote=“Maoman”]Hi rustlive, sorry to hear of your difficulty. I’ve opened an account for you at Taiwanted. Check your PM box for the password.

Best regards,

Anthony[/quote]

Hi Maoman,
Same problem, can you please make me an account as well ?
Thanks.[/quote]

Me too please. Please forgive my comment from above, I was frustrated.

Thanks!

I’ve been having the problem with tealit and taiwanted for almost a year now and it’s so frustrating, can you please help me with the taiwanted account as well? it would be much appreciated since I really need to post a housing ad urgently!

That’s like… s-o-o-o analogue, dude :wall: . You have to go outside to see that board!

That’s like… s-o-o-o analogue, dude :wall: . You have to go outside to see that board![/quote]

lol. that board, pre-Internet days, was THE source of non-teaching jobs and apartments in Taipei. I used to check it religiously once a week.

Craigslist is worth a post. Lots of foreigners have gotten into the habit of using it in their home country, and will check as a matter of habit. Odd that CL hasn’t caught on among foreigners in Taiwan.

Didn’t find any, can you please give it another try?

Yeap, EXACTLY the same problem. Logged into Forumosa, locked out of Taiwanted.com. Please could you fix this!

You’re good to go. Check your PM box.

It’s no good being an admin who helps some and ignores some although based on the same request.

Could I get any help with this? I want to place an ad plox.

Hi rowley8, sorry for the slow response. Check your PM box!

Best,

Anthony