Taiwnan's Most Famous English Teacher

Watching his videos, this English Teacher, somehow, is freaking me out.
Maybe it’s because he dyed his hair red.
Anyhow, I think he deserves a little boost on his youtube channel.

Drunk? Should be. If not, should get drunk and make more.

That hair looks natural to me. A few years back there was a foreigner with dyed red hair that used to do a late night travel TV program where he’d go to various locations around the island.

Looks good to me. :neutral:

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]Watching his videos, this English Teacher, somehow, is freaking me out.
Maybe it’s because he dyed his hair red.
Anyhow, I think he deserves a little boost on his youtube channel.

[/quote]

God help me. If thats the competition, I should be a multi millionaire by now, and Jimip should at least have a new couch.

Third Note to self: I should probably get some English lessons, too!

Why? It hasn’t helped me.

Yay! Stupid theatrics! Surely this will beat down the stereotype that foreigners are just a bunch of monkeys.

I always thought that I was the one holding the title for the poorest judgement.
What do I have to do to get my title back?

It’s depressing getting a snapshot of that kids life. Single uniform bed in a concrete white walled room, tiled floors and possibly an A/C, in a flat share. Just one of a million white walled [strike]cells[/strike] rooms which fill up the towns and cities of Taiwan. The kid swaps his friends and his western diet for loneliness and some level of compromised Asian equivalents, schleps to some school when they can be bothered to offer him timetabled work, spends his days shouting and running round after kids, just to go home and drink a bit and make whining pleas to the outside world to hear his complaints. All in the name of having a character building year or two in Asia.

Hopefully it will be character building, and he can always go home.

Poor fella. Looks like he is having problems there (mentally i mean) because that isn’t normal behaviour.

Yeah, true, it’s just the thoughts I had at the time I watched the youtube clip. :laughing: Made me think of my own little white cell and wonder just what part of my character it built. I could have done 6 years for murder and had a similar existence: unfamiliar food, cell like room, irregular work schedule, living in confusion and fear among (what EYE perceive to be) a bunch of nutjobs… I wonder if that would have been character building too. :sunglasses:

He doesn’t look depressed to me. He looks lonely and isolated.

Well, I guess, it would actually be character building to say; “you know what, this is shit, not for me and I’m going home.” Sometimes toughing it out is utter bollocks. Being lonely and isolated is a terrible place to be, especially if it’s not forced on you [kidnapped etc] and you have that choice to move on.

Edit… Not to say being forced into isolation is in anyway good! Criminal is what it is.

Taiwan’s or Tainan’s?

You never been to Taiwnan?