Take action against Taiwan bank tax residency tax certificates

OK first it was the Taiwan Tax office who basically told me as a service provider ( don’t export any physical product ) as my clients are offshore to setup a branch office of my Taiwan company in HK and have clients pay into HK. You know in this country the tax office does things to help you do legal things.

So I stream content to clients, some of my clients have their own equipment hosted at my location. They pay into my Taiwan business account. After all I need to pay business costs salary etc can’t just have deductions with no income lol.

Other clients I stream content to buy services from my company in Taiwan they do not have any equipment hosted here as I have my own servers. They pay to HK branch. This was setup a long time ago and required a couple of trips to HK using an accountant there to setup. Anyway if people want to know how to earn some income abroad and legally pay less taxes it is possible with the correct business and setup. Just visit the tax office.

I own a company, I don’t get a salary. My wife does as an employee. I’m a wee pauper living in the wilderness.

I pay but covered under my wife’s account as well. Such is life as a dependent spouse lol

I’ve not paid any offshore fees since setup. Have a local accountant in Taiwan but she charges us a set fee as not much work to do. Anyway nothing wrong with having the tax office in Taiwan help you on taxes.

That is for partly owned LLCs and those conducting business in the US, hiring US personnel etc…

A 100% foreign owned one with no real connection to the US is exempt…

Also you need to assume that they will share information anyway… 7 million NTD AMT exemption covers a vast majority of small businesses

5472 is needed for single member disregarded foreign owned LLC. Try a google search and you’ll see it.

You will see that and then if you look more closely you will see a list of exemptions. One being that if there are no “reportable transactions”

A reportable transaction is anything in part 4 between the DE LLC and a related party (you or any companies you own. Your wife and mom are also related parties). So it’s only blank if you didn’t pay yourself anything (salary, dividends, commissions etc). Dividends have 30% withholding.

Delaware treats a single-member “disregarded entity” as a sole proprietorship for tax purposes. This means that the LLC itself does not pay taxes and does not have to file a return with the State of Delaware.

Furthermore the remaining taxes are counted as “personal” meaning that the owner files a personal tax return.

Delaware treats a single-member “disregarded entity” as a sole proprietorship for tax purposes. This means that the LLC itself does not pay taxes and does not have to file a return with the State of Delaware.

Furthermore the remaining taxes are counted as “personal” meaning that the owner files a personal tax return.

Yeah no state filing needed but 5472 is at federal level and that’s still required

Wouldn’t Taiwan consider the entire profit then as Taiwan-sourced personal income again because the entity won’t file their own taxes…?

You definitely need to file federal tax return for foreign single member owned LLC/disregarded entity. It’s everywhere on google and I’ve asked an accountant. There’s an automatic $25k USD penalty if you didn’t file or extend 5472 by April 17 of this year.

LLC is pass through so if taiwan tax bureau found out they’d tax it even if money wasn’t withdrawn from LLC

1 Like

Yes, that is the issue with that. But the lines are a bit blurred depending on the type of business and where everything is actually performed.

Obviously the Hong Kong solution or UAE is a lot safer for people residing in Taiwan

2 Likes

Well for me HK is close by and easy to fly to relatively cheaply.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to talk to you about that sometime. My girlfriends business has exploded just recently… and we need a solution for her as she is a filipino citizen. We are thinking Hong Kong is a good option.

We were thinking the delaware solution but the Philippines will see it as her income… and when she moves back to Taiwan it will be the same

Well as someone explained a lot has changed since I setup in HK. Could she setup with HSBC in Manila? Or someone said HSBC Expat. I would email HSBC HK and ask them about what you want to do see if they reply.

For your consideration folks, something is moving:

Enough with their chabuduo and meibanfa shite

8 Likes

Amazing! Good work

2 Likes

They are going to ask who gave this guy a gold card?

5 Likes

The FSC haha, which I am also trying to subdue eith my job haha