Taking enrichment classes at a university

In the USA, universities often have classes people who are not full-time students can take for their own personal interest. Does anyone know whether this is possible in Taiwan/ how to do it? I know their are restrictions for foreigners taking classes. I don’t want a degree from a Taiwanese university. However, I’d like to take a class in something fun where it wouldn’t matter that I don’t speak Mandarin (e.g something I can pantomime my way through).

If it matters, I want to take a class in Kaohsiung.

Yes, it’s possible. I’m not familiar with Kaohsiung, but in Hualien I was able to take a Chinese calligraphy class through the Tzu Chi University Continuing Education Center. For this kind of class you didn’t need to speak Mandarin, just follow the teacher’s examples. I had to search for the class using Chinese, though; I don’t know how many of these “night classes” have information available in English.

You have plenty of courses in the community centers. They are not universities but normal schools.

I’ve heard about community centers in Tainan, but I haven’t found any in Kaohsiung. I did a search and couldn’t find for what I was looking. Does anyone have a website, address, or specific name of any community centers?

Thanks to all who have posted.

They have something called 社區大學 community college – NOT like the community colleges in the US. (Those are called 大專 here)
Do you need everything done in English? Can you get a Taiwanese friend or coworker to help you register? I googled for community colleges in Kaohsiung and found an example, but there’s no English. I think these are pretty shoestring budget ventures so not surprising there.
kh1cu.blogspot.tw/p/course1031.html
At a brief glance, they’ve got classes in African drumming, Latin dance, soap making which I think you could do without any language skills…

Beware any craft-type classes (e.g. woodwork) where Taiwanese are using edge tools, perhaps for the first time.

Its very frightening.