Taking on the 4 beasts, this Thursday, July 5th

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]This is the kind of case in which, if you’re polite but firmly insistent, you really should be able to get your extension in the end without having to leave the country.

You’re exactly the kind of person the government wants to be attracting here, at least for a full summer and ideally to consider “returning” to work here in the future. You are properly enrolled in classes and genuinely studying at Shi-Da, loads of your relatives and even your dad are here, and everything dictates that this is a case where they should bend the rules in your favour rather than otherwise.

If the lower-level flunky handling your case is being difficult and raising objections, just keep insisting that it must be possible for her to find a way to give you the extension, make it more troublesome for her to refuse the extension than to give it, and insist on seeing someone above her if she won’t give way. That has always worked for me in similar situations of dealing with petty bureaucrats.

Good luck, and I hope you’ll have good news to report later today.[/quote]

Phew…

I got it extended!

My advice? Avoid the woman at counter number 11. The other woman I approached about the visa didn’t even look twice at it, didn’t mention anything at all about my having a visitor’s visa and needing a student visa.

It’s alarming how often this sort of thing seems to happen here in government offices. You ask a different person the exact same question on a different day in the same week and get a totally different answer. :fedora:

Whoops. Double poshte.