Talent Agents in Taiwan?

Hi, I am an aspiring actress but I’m not sure if the entertainment industry in Taiwan is similar to that of th USA.

If it is, does anyone know of any talent agents (not modeling) in Taiwan? Or any other recommendations for actors to start off in Taiwan? Thanks!

[quote=“haley89”]Hi, I am an aspiring actress but I’m not sure if the entertainment industry in Taiwan is similar to that of th USA.

If it is, does anyone know of any talent agents (not modeling) in Taiwan? Or any other recommendations for actors to start off in Taiwan? Thanks![/quote]

Hi Haley,

I am a working actor and completely satisfied with my representation. I’d be happy to introduce you to them. PM me if you are interested and we’ll set up a meeting.

Hi Haley, I sent you a private message.

Another thing you may be interested in is a production of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf that a few of us Forumosans are hoping to put together this summer. We are looking for a woman to play Honey. PM me if you are interested.

Be clear with any potential agent that you want to only do feature work. There are plenty more opportunities for extras but then you run the risk of not being taken as a serious actor and will thusly not earn real money. Extras make between 5K and 8K a day while talent earns considerably more.

You should also search the forums here about the industry. There are quite a few “agents” that will send you to a set without the proper paperwork. This is a huge no-no and can easily result in huge fines and/or deportation. I have personally been investigated a number of times. My agency never sends anyone to a set without a work permit. Most of the extras and models supplied by other agents that I meet seem completely unaware of this and most have been downright lied to. There are far too many shady operators out there and I would be glad to supply you with some names of the greasier ones in a PM. Play it safe and you can have some great experiences here.

Hello all. I aspire to enter into taiwan’s entertainment industry and I believe I have the talent for it. Although I have little acting experience, I can sing a fair bit and am definitely witty enough for variety shows. Please advise me on what to do. I do not live in taiwan though. However, it is pretty easy for me to go over as long as I have the right opportunity to.

大家好。我是一名新加坡人。根据现在的情况,新加坡人能够进入台湾演艺圈的机会非常渺茫。我希望在台湾的制作人能够多给我们几个机会。
我虽然不是有很丰富的演戏经验,但我个人认为我唱歌是不错的。更何况,让我最有信心的是我古灵精怪,诡计多端的性格。我觉得我很机灵,可以生存在综艺节目,只是没有这个机会能够发挥。
如果有人有什么建议的话,请快告诉我好不好!

Don’t worry you don’t need to have any talent. Jump up and down and swing a hullahoop. Are you ‘ke ai’? Do you have long legs, blonde hair and big boobs? Are you ‘Fun’ and ‘High’ all the time? Were you born to squeal and grimace to squeaky noises? Can you eat food with your mouth open? Then you could go far.

Perhaps you could write in the right Chinese script too.

I have talent … can I be an agent? Please.:expressionless:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hi

I am also very interested in doing some TV/entertainment work in Taipei. I have done some research about the talent agencies around here, but I still don’t know which are the better ones to pursue. I have a few friends in one, and they say that there hasn’t been a lot of work recently. I am American and match the long legs/blonde hair/big boobs description although I’m not really that squeaky…anyway if anyone has some advice on this subject for me I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I have arrived 3 months ago in Taiwan, from France, and this is my first message, so hi everyone!

I have already performed in two commercials, where I payed the role of a business person visiting Taiwanese companies. One other is planned, for which I will have to present a device to get less back pain.

I enjoy doing that kind of work quite a lot, and the producers I work with have said good things about me! However, I need to have more interesting or more frequent gigs.

Could you please recommend and/or introduce me to an agent? You will get free lunch or dinner lol.

Also, I can shoot an email with my pictures of the commercials I starred in.

Hope to hear from you!
Ben

Heya

I’m writing from the UK. I’m in the final stages of post production of a short film and need a female actress to perform a short (30 seconds) piece in one of the Taiwanese Hakka dialects to be used as an answerphone message in the film. Finding someone who can do this is proving to be quite tricky from London!

I have a transcript if the message in english - but need it translating and delivering. I’m hoping that the actress in question will be able to record this themselves and then send to me. Does anyone know somebody who could help with this? Or - alternatively - can anybody recommend any local actors agents or agencies that it might be worth me approaching with this?

As I said before we will pay the performer for their time.

many thanks!

I remember there was a talent agency called Talent in Taiwan宇鴻整合行銷, you can try contacting them, I haven’t worked with them but I heard good things.

1 Like

The only agent worth working with. Facebook page.