i’ve been browsing this site for the past couple of days, and advice about getting a job b4 hand vs. getting a job in taiwan, chain schools vs. smaller schools, etc. is mixed and it’s becoming harder to make a determination as far as how i should go about getting a teaching job in taiwan. what i’ll do is list my situation, and if anyone out there has any recommendations, i’d be happy.
- in the us now, to arrive in december
- offered a position with hess
- no previous tefol, tesol experience
- survival mandarin
- trying to pay-off home debt while living in taipei
- wondering about where to get health exam, and cost
- trying to do everything legal if possible (i feel that as a black guy i’ll be easier to identify and deport if necessary)
so…give me a recommendation, please! the more i read, the more confused i am!