Talk about your klunkers here!

I was referring to a Mini Marcos. No connection with the BMW NeoMini.

Not much visual connection with the real (Austin) Mini either, but the running gear (subframes, wheels, transmission and A Series engine) was the same, with a monocoque FRP body.

1400 quid. Said I’d “think about it”", like a moron, and it was gone when I went back.

If you are in Taiwan advertise it on here before you baofei it.

I probably wouldn’t voluntarily scrap the Skywing but I would be interested if a Volvo happened to come available coincident with its death, which I keep thinking must be soon.

Noted, sadly i’m in the supposedly-United Kingdom. It ain’t going anywhere yet, it just might need a friend next to it before the next MOT

If its a 4 cylinder 740 I believe they had an aluminium head and a cast iron block. Differential thermal expansion cycling tends to erode the gasket over time due to the shear stress, though they use graphite to minimise the friction.

Think it has those stretchy tor4que-to-yield cylinder head bolts, which are supposed to be renewed, though that is controversial

Where’s the car now? Have you let it down?

Now 32. Still going.

1 Like

Had to find it a new home when we got the TT
No room for three cars plus the insurance for it even 3rd party was 1200 a year

Also a mechanic gave me 2500 for it and it had some issues too that I didn’t want to deal with like the AC was broken and it needed a new radiator plus the airbags have been non functional for the last five years

Which may be a good thing as I’m not sure they are not the problematic Takata ones that blew up and killed peole

Heard the mechanic sold it to a friend of mine who sold it to his uncle in Seattle who was going to soup it up

I should ask him what his uncle did with it

It was a good car but I don’t miss it because of all
The issues i didn’t want to pay to fix and I hate stick shift

No more sticks for me

Ps buds uncle still drives it in Seattle

Yeah SF doesn’t seem like a good place to have a klunker, people would probably think I was a fentanyl zombie if my car rocked up. Who am I joking, they think that anyway.

3 Likes

Glad you think of yourself the way I do of myself as well

4 Likes