Talk like a pirate day

19th September is talk like a pirate day.

talklikeapirate.com/

Who’s up for making teaching material, having parties, plays, etc? If enough people hit up enough bosses with this it could become an island-wide thing.

arge me maties… :stuck_out_tongue:

Arrrr! Shiver me timbers, me hearties!

I only know the pirate drinking game.

Ingredients:
1 bottle of rum
1 bottle of weak lemon drink
1 small group of companionable fellows

How to play:
Each player takes a swig of the rum, lets out a hearty, pirate-style arrrh! and then passes it on.
Repeat until unconciousness takes hold.

And before you say it, there wasn’t much to do where I was a teenager. We made our own entertainment (just like your father says about the “good old days”).

So why do you need the lemon drink?

What’s a pirate’s favorite letter?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

What’s a pirate’s second favorite letter?

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Any Brits able to answer that question? Big Fluffy Matthew might know… :smiley:

I thought ninjas were supposed to be better than pirates. But then again there are those who disagree - and agree - and disagree - and agree - and
http://www.piratesversusninjas.net/

Any Brits able to answer that question? Big Fluffy Matthew might know… :smiley:[/quote]

Aaaargh! Scurvy dog!

Well, notwithstanding the veracity of that assertion, or the lack thereof, how could there be a “Talk Like A Ninja Day”? We’d all be silently and soberly sneaking around. Where’s the fun and or educational value in that? :wink:

Any Brits able to answer that question? Big Fluffy Matthew might know… :smiley:[/quote]
Or maybe Limey!

Well, notwithstanding the veracity of that assertion, or the lack thereof, how could there be a “Talk Like A Ninja Day”? We’d all be silently and soberly sneaking around. Where’s the fun and or educational value in that? :wink:[/quote]
Little did you know Mr. Smartypants, but I’ve been doing that all day. As a matter of fact, I’m standing right behind you. AR HA HAR! I mean BANZAI!

Any Brits able to answer that question? Big Fluffy Matthew might know… :smiley:[/quote]For the Vitamin C, to prevent scury, which is very nasty and itchy. Sometimes they took limes on their long voyages, These travellers were sometimes nicknamed “Limeys”, that is why the Brits call the Americans Limeys, because they ate limes on their voyage to America. While we sat at home and ate Potatoes, and the Irish.

Oh, you never did! English cannibals, indeed.

Pssst! Wanna buy a copy of The Sound of Music from Thailand?

The responses to my post demonstrate incontrovertibly the fascination that Pirattitude exercises on impressionable young minds.

All the same, it would be nice if someone in moderatorville would dump all that silliness where it belongs. It was a serious suggestion. There’s a new pirate movie going to be doing the rounds this summer. Instead of teaching to the book without any reference to the world around you, don’t you think it would be nice to teach something relevant and useful?

Not only will your precious charges be able to talk to teacher at his own level, they’ll be able to understand the movie that bit better too.