Talking about naivity

Just read the TT and found this article:

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003289660

[quote] TALKATIVE THIEF

Tseng said her guard was down after chatting for such a long time, and when the woman said she forgot her wallet but needed money for a dinner event she was attending that night, Tseng agreed to lend her NT$30,000 (US$937).

The woman had promised to return the money the next day when she brought her child to Tseng to look after.

Tseng reported the case when the woman did not return.

Chen said the female suspect in all the cases was presumably the same woman.[/quote]

How dumb can one be? :s

[quote=“belgian pie”]Just read the TT and found this article:

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003289660

[quote] TALKATIVE THIEF

Tseng said her guard was down after chatting for such a long time, and when the woman said she forgot her wallet but needed money for a dinner event she was attending that night, Tseng agreed to lend her NT$30,000 (US$937).

The woman had promised to return the money the next day when she brought her child to Tseng to look after.

Tseng reported the case when the woman did not return.

Chen said the female suspect in all the cases was presumably the same woman.[/quote]

How dumb can one be? :s[/quote]

:laughing:

Screw this English teaching shite. I’m starting a career as a con artist! Why work my arse off when I can just pretend to be someone’s distant cousin, chat to them for a bit and then and swindle them out of NT$30,000! :smiley:

Although the long-lost cousin thing might take a bit of work, seeing as I’m white…

If the thief had just had the foresight to give her a horoscope reading or some fengshui advice it wouldn’t even have been reported to the police at all…