Talking About Restaurants Reveals The Truth About Taiwan

Taiwan is boring.

And I have even fallen into the the boring conversation.

Well yes. If you are writing a detailed desciption of your 300 dollar meal, then you are probably leading a fairly empty life. But hey, flob is a celebration of that. Let us not throw stones at eachother for being lame.

Oxford is boring too.

Teehee, I told you you would start to hate it soon. Grim, wasn’t that the word? Welcome to the real world.

What’s the OP on about? He seems to have trouble fitting in.

[/quote]

Pft! Zip it, you! My job is good; my Taiwan job made me want to poison people, smiting, and whatnot on a biblical scale, on a daily basis. That’s got to be an improvement, no?

I work 35 hours a week for stacks 'o cash, and dozens of other perks. ‘The real world’ is a 1000 times easier than working in Taiwan, which was an unlucrative, unstimulating soul-destroying pita. But it was sunny there. I guess the difference is; nothing could convince me to live in Oxford but the job, whereas I did the horrorjob in Taipei so I could stay in Taiwan…

Anyway, you’re getting offtopic. Gotta keep that worldwide infomation superhighway straaaaight.

[quote=“tango42”]Taiwan is boring.

And I have even fallen into the the boring conversation.[/quote]
Another fairly nonsensical post. Care to elaborate a bit more?

[quote=“barfomcgee”][quote=“tango42”]Taiwan is boring.

And I have even fallen into the the boring conversation.[/quote]
Another fairly nonsensical post. Care to elaborate a bit more?[/quote]

check the post time! half a bottle in?

Taiwan is as boring as the people in it. It’s what you make it, just like anywhere.

even the restaurants, though the smell of cockroaches and rat droppings does put me off some of them.

As if there aren’t a hundred equally mundane conversations going on in any other country on earth. Restaurants, weather, some cute little number, etc.

What would you rather talk about?
Body counts?

Dude what are you talking about??

What exactly do you do??? Taiwan has all the American goodies that people like and enjoy (although I don’t often go to any of them) which include, bars, clubs, and “dance-off’s” (ok no dance offs but whatever)

THere is also the 24 hour open bookstores if you are into those things like me.

A large amount of museums to choose from if you live in Taipei.

Do you study Chinese? You can get a subscription and read some manga translated in Chinese.

You can take classes in Chinese or Japanese.

Make friends.

Ask those friends what they do, besides going to the cyber cafe. Although you can give the cyber cafe a go if your into that stuff.

Get a subscription to a gym and start working out chubby :P, talking about food makes it sound like your the one becoming boring.

There’s a lot more other things you can do, just put some thought into it and do whatever you want with some friends, either foreign or native.

:bravo:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]
What would you rather talk about?
Body counts?[/quote]

Me? Well, obviously.

My gran writes to tell me what she has eaten, on a fairly regular basis. I guess talking about what you’ve enjoyed eating, while boring and pointless, is a way to open a conversation. We are social animals.

Oh, come on! Some people enjoy discussing food and restaurants. Others, as Tango so eloquently illustrates, enjoy getting tipsy and failing to score sophomoric points on bulletin boards. There’s room for all.

Aiyo… Not griping, sniping or anything. I’m agreeing with the OP that it’s funny. I also, with x000 posts also enjoy discussing what I have been doing. Of course there’s room for all!

Don’t you aiyo ME, young feller-me-lady – I was agREEing with you.

Are large salads cheaper or more expensive than the states?

I love the MOS Burger Chicken Salad. It’s 55nt and I usually buy 4 to fill me up (somewhat). I get strange looks everytime I go and feed at MOS Burger.

Salad thread anyone?

[quote=“Rabidpie”]Dude what are you talking about??

What exactly do you do??? Taiwan has all the American goodies that people like and enjoy (although I don’t often go to any of them) which include, bars, clubs, and “dance-off’s” (ok no dance offs but whatever)

THere is also the 24 hour open bookstores if you are into those things like me.

A large amount of museums to choose from if you live in Taipei.

Do you study Chinese? You can get a subscription and read some manga translated in Chinese.

You can take classes in Chinese or Japanese.

Make friends.

Ask those friends what they do, besides going to the cyber cafe. Although you can give the cyber cafe a go if your into that stuff.

Get a subscription to a gym and start working out chubby :P, talking about food makes it sound like your the one becoming boring.

There’s a lot more other things you can do, just put some thought into it and do whatever you want with some friends, either foreign or native.[/quote]

This truth was so off topic.