Tammy and tommy and kucing gendut's mini escapades

They can be pretty agressive though. I’ve been charged by them a few times hiking
out in Wildcat Canyon…[/quote]

I can certainly understand that. They are kept semi wild i think. Lest they become pets and then its even harder to have them slaughtered.

One time in Kenting , the small road my bud and i were on was blocked by several TW water buffalo. These were not wild buffalo like in Africa which are extremely dangerous, but still I really didn’t want to get near them. I knew they belonged to some farmer but a stranger may not be taken to kindly.

We waited and waited but there was no other way to pass. So we just got closer and closer and when it seemed that the animals were not alarmed by us, we were able to slide past. They just kind of looked at us, bemused but not alarmed. Good thing. There wasn’t really any place to run to. And these animals can run pretty fast if they want to.

How did you get away?

One time, the cow (bull?) charged and then pulled up short, the other time I was close to a fence, and managed to hop over in time. Yes, they look cute, but I’m sure they can be godless killing machines when they want to be. I know what you mean about the water buffaloes too. They appear pretty slow and docile, but they can move fast enough when they want to, and I’ve gotten looks from them sometimes that seemed less than friendly.

My general rule is to never mess with any wild animal larger than a squirrel, especially monkeys–those things are hell’s spawn, and it probably doesn’t help that they’re out closest relatives.

I like monkeys. I believe they are our evolutionary successors, planet-of-the-Apes style. I’ve met so many modern humans who are shockingly dumb. It’s really only a matter of time before other simians start to gain the upper hand in bollock-scratching and poo-flinging competitions with homo “sapiens”.

We’ve got really cool monkeys, same size as humans, holler monkeys. Then we have the little capuchino ones, scheming thieves. Cool flea bags!

Grew around lots of cows and horses and pigs and such. They never messed with me but I never messed with them. Once fell off a horse after it was spooked and took off like a bat out of hell with little Icon on top, but that’s another story.

We have huge cows, truck size ones. The ones I’ve seen here are tiny by compassion. Ours are those black and white milk ones -in the mountains- or the Indian variety, Brahman -future hamburgers.

.facebook_1409585719956 by Bolita5, on Flickr

EDIT:
wait, I think those are sheep…

Whopper cat refuses to go home !

Nice one Tommy. Whopper reminds me a little of our four-year-old human being. When he doesn’t want to do something, that’s the way it’s going to stay and he’s a little too heavy to carry as well !

hahaha can’t believe I watched that whole video. Man, when a cat’s making that noise, I know he’s going to reach around with a nip or a scratch!

Anyways, funny little cat. Why the leash? My cat would lose her shit on the end of a leash.

[quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]hahaha can’t believe I watched that whole video. Man, when a cat’s making that noise, I know he’s going to reach around with a nip or a scratch!

Anyways, funny little cat. Why the leash? My cat would lose her shit on the end of a leash.[/quote]

Whopper doesn’t know the concept of a leash. To him its a bond between him and me. I never use it to co-erce him to go somewhere (useless with a cat anyway). But instead its like a tether between two space walkers to him.

I will release him and he will wander around in the bushes then he comes back and sits on the ground waiting for the lead to be re-attached to his harness again. It’s the darnest thing to watch.

Being attached on a lead to me is a sense of safety for him, as he knows i protect him from dogs and other threats. It makes him feel relaxed and he will just sit down if a dog approaches. Knowing i have the situ under control (in theory anyway).

If i say to him . Say hi whopper. He will actually even go nose to nose to dogs that he has met before on our walks. Not to dogs he does not know though. As he has no trust (rightly) of them.

That’s why i need to cojole him to continue walking. Otherwise the only other alternative is to pick him up. Which defeats the purpose of a walk.

And…as you can see. cojole does not work with him either. He simply has to be ready then he will get right up and continue. Otherwise its all hisses and growls.

And he did draw a little blood with that swipe you saw too :frowning:

=)
Interesting about the leash.

Cute little cat. I love the bonds we create with animals. Missed my cat and dog like crazy when I was in America and they were in Taiwan.

[quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]=)
Interesting about the leash.

Cute little cat.[/quote]
Little?

Yep, he ain’t called Whooper because he’s a tiny itsy bitsy kitty!

Wifey is taking her sweet time finishing up her final papers. Gone near two months now. Am telling her she best get cracking and spend less time in malls and more time buried in her books !

My last GF was a bookworm. This one? Not. LOL.

Hope she gets back to you soon, and with successfully completed final papers :wink:

Yes indeed !

Would keep me from evil thoughts of hot girls at the local (lesbian) cafes !

[quote=“tommy525”]Wifey is taking her sweet time finishing up her final papers. Gone near two months now. Am telling her she best get cracking and spend less time in malls and more time buried in her books !

My last GF was a bookworm. This one? Not. LOL.[/quote]

Tommy. why does she need to be in Indonesia to complete her thesis ? I suppose with all of the resources on the internet she doesn’t physically need to be there ?

Its a 400 page tome (Lord knows how many phrases from how many books she imitated… LOL) which she did while here in Calif. She had to give an in person presentation in August in Indo, which she has done. Now she’s revising her paper to the satisfaction of her teachers. Once they sign off on it, shes done with it.
I told her to stay there until its done. Because I don’t want to fly her back there for this purpose. Who knows what her teacher will think up needs to be done (in person).

Ha…I imagine those round trips to Jakarta aren’t cheap.

Have been lucky actually. Ticket prices vary quite a lot. And they are a LOT more when buying from INdonesia versus buying from CAlifornia

Her ONE WAY from JKT to SFO a year ago on EVA economy was about 1300.

She went back in March of this year on SQ for about 1270 and her current trip is around 1225 round trip. Plus 70 each time you want to make a change. So thats not bad actually.

The big players on this route, price wise, seem to be EVA and SQ and China Air. They seem to have the best prices.

If she flew there in Sept instead of August we could’ve saved another 250 dollars !

But prices can be as much as 1600 to 1700 on those three carriers these days, depending on the exact flight days and what month of travel.

Regular economy I think is around 2400, biz is about 6000 and first class is bout 12,000 round trip !

Be sure nice to be rich enough to fly First (but actually just fly Biz, which is good nuff).

Of course its not just the price of tickets. its presents for friends and family, plus the cost of other transport, and lucky staying with a friend didn’t cost money. Plus the cost of living there for a few months as well.

SO yeah its pretty pricey all things considered.

Course now that shes there, EVA offering special deals this month from sFO to/from JKT for 845 !!
Lucky she’s finally finished her paper and her teacher has signed off on it. Shes not planning to be at the graduation next year but still we have to pay 200 bucks for that. Thats the college for ya. Always hungry for student income.

Planning on her flying back next week ! Be good to have her back. The cat and i miss her. And she misses us and misses her gym. She said all that indo food has gotten her more chubby.

Yeah, like shes 95 pounds now instead of 90. haha.

I am losing my bet . I said i will lose ten pounds, but i lost zero pounds in the last two months eating on my own.