Taoyuan Airport to Taoyuan THSRC

parents fly into tpe, landing 7.30 pm. is that usually the peak arrival-time?
how much time to calculate through the customs and picking up luggage?

how to buy the shuttle-bus ticket? direct by the driver or you have to go to
a counter somewhere?
how often is the bus running? is there a fixed schedule?

is it a big bus or just these small coaches?
i could imagine, that quite a lot of travellers are using the shuttles, right?

how long is the ride to taoyuan high speed train station?
how much does the ride cost currently?

would be great to catch the train down south at 9.52 pm.
do you think that a little over 2 hours is enough time doing that?

thank you for your help?

ps:
folks, now you can imagine for what purpose i need those tags …

Normally it only takes about 20 minutes to get through, but that’s without any checked luggage.
So say 30 minutes… give or take.

Afaik, you have to go to a counter, there are arrows, no idea what kind of bus it is though, but I asked at the tourist information desk and they told me it was only NT$30 to go to the HSR station from the airport.

It shouldn’t be more than 15-20 minutes on the bus, but again, I really don’t know. Nor do I know how frequent it runs, did you have a look at the THSR website?
This might help taoyuanairport.gov.tw/englis … peed_e.jsp route 705

If they land at Terminal One, upon leaving customs, they have to go all the way to the left end of the arrivals hall, where there are counters for various buses. (Terminal Two arrivals have to go to the far right end of the arrivals hall, then turn right again.) There should be signs to the buses.

Once at the counters, choose U-Bus. They have regular shuttles to the Taoyuan HSR terminal. You pay at the counter. Don’t know how much, but I’d imagine it would be under NT$100. It’s a short ride.

I’ve never seen an airport bus filled to capacity…they should have no problem getting on one.

Getting from the airport to the HSR can be a nightmare.
It depends on how many people are waiting.

I’ve done it once and will never do it again.

Going from the HSR to the airport is easy. The buses are never packed. Costs 30 NT. I’ve done it about 20 times. Never had any problems.

The one time I took the shuttle bus from the airport to the HSR (around 7:00pm), there were no signs (even in Chinese) at the bus stop that you needed to buy a ticket or where to buy a ticket.
Most people in the line assumed you just pay the driver. It wasn’t until I saw someone with a ticket and inquired. Of course as this was happening the bus arrived.
I’d already been waiting 20 mins.

So I got the ticket and returned to find another long line of people in the queue.
The next bus arrived 20 mins later and I missed out on that bus, so I had to wait another 20 mins.
When that arrived I got on and there were bags everywhere in the aisle.
Total health hazard plus it was overcrowded.

The train had just left when I arrived, so I had another 30 minutes to wait.

The conclusion was a journey to Taipei, (which for me takes approximately 52 minutes door to door Taipei - airport via HSR) from the airport via HSR took 1 hour 50 minutes.

A joke.

I take the bus now whenever I return from the airport.

OP’s family is traveling south. I would recommend they jump a taxi at the airport to the HSR. It’s no more than 10 minutes in a cab and there will be no hassle like what happened to me.