Taoyuan City - Taoyuan Tourism

As if it happens every day :roll:

2 Likes

The stupidity of this comment really boggles my mind. Aside from the insensitivity of it, youā€™re many times more likely to die on a bus than a train.

1 Like

I heard taoyuan is a sort of mini hub for the overseas workers? As in filippinas and indonesians?
Could be a lot of fun

sounds like the Pfizer shot didnā€™t kill your horny outlook :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol perhaps YOUR mind is thinking it but me not?

Ok ok we are on the same page

I feel every train station is a hub for overseas worker. I mean maybe some just decide not to stray too far from the airport.

So anything to report, found a any decent drinking places?

1 Like

Now I have a morbid curiosity about Taoyuan; Iā€™ve never explored it beyond the airport, and I want to know if itā€™s as bad as everyone says.

I think Taoyuan is great! I should drop by again and take some pics of places I like.

3 Likes

None of these top sites are enticing meā€¦

2, 3, 6, and 8 are stupid. Who the fuq wrote that piece?

With a child, you can think of going to Leefoo Village Theme Park.
We took our 2 kids when very little (one in a stroller). Worked out fine.

Edit: Leefoo in Hsinchu County. Guess a thread on Hsinchu is now needed in 3, 2, 1ā€¦

So basically the best things in Taoyuan are . . . not in Taoyuan! :upside_down_face:

Sorry Marco!

Guy

2 Likes

Taoyuan is a good comparison with Taipei that is becoming more gentrified, cluby, and boring.

Taoyuan is crowded and the traffic is disastrous with no way to open the streets to make it betterā€¦

Theyā€™re trying to make it better and there will be an MRT eventually but they take any place that could be a park area and turn it into a library or something what the hell is going on with that?

But if youā€™re

1. single and want to have a good time or
  2. you have a family and want to find a home

then itā€™s a good city option.

Youā€™re looking for a good time is a good place to go. If you want to have a family and buy a house then itā€™s better than linkou.

Iā€™ve never known Taoyuan for anything other than the airport. Where/what are the ā€œsingle and want to have a good timeā€ places there?

So basically if youā€™re breathing as everyone is either 1 or 2.

1 Like

I guess you could be a single person who doesnā€™t want to have a good time, or a family who isnā€™t looking for a home, or a person in a relationship with no kids.

Seriously, though, I always thought Taoyuan was just an airport surrounded by warehouses and factories on the outskirts of metro Taipei. What am I missing? Since the pandemic started and I canā€™t leave Taiwan easily Iā€™m always looking for fun stuff on-island for single people. So far I havenā€™t found much outside of Taipei and Kaohsiung.

Taoyuan is, like most counties, a sprawling complex space, ranging from the grimmest factory zones to the high mountains and sacred trees of Lala-shan.

The areas around the HSR station seem to be following the Zhubei modelā€”fancier looking, with some nice looking malls if that is your sort of thing.

Oh Taoyuan is also by far the most international of the counties in Taiwanā€”populated by workers from SE Asia basically keeping the Made in Taiwan dream alive.

Guy

1 Like

Sprawling housing and malls are definitely NOT my sort of thing. Yes, I was aware that the factories brought in a large number of SE Asian workers. Iā€™m still interested in how any of this translates into a fun singles scene and where that is, though.

Lot of farmland turned into boring residential areas along the new MRT lines. Not really a fan of that. So boring. Like in Bade where I am heading now.

1 Like

Hiya,

We are hopefully moving to Taoyuan within the next few months (really, as soon as work visas start to be processed, we have our work permits sorted).

Iā€™ve heard Taoyuan referred to as the ā€œmost boring city in Taiwanā€. What is there to see and do in the area?

We arenā€™t big on nightlife, definitely prefer museums / art / culture and good food.

TIA :smile_cat: