🏙 Taoyuan | Taoyuan City Tourism

Dasi is good. Two old streets and lotsa mini museums in the restored Japanese houses.

Bade has the centre of the ROC.

I mean the Republic of Chocolate. A chocolate museum.

3 Likes

Taoyuan is the largest district in Kaohsiung City by area, and the least densely populated district in Taiwan.

Lucky you.

3 Likes

The Hop Inn.

Find Francesco’s extra virgin olive oil cuisine on FB. Then go eat there. That guy is special.

4 Likes

There’s 桃源 and then there’s 桃園. The OP most likely means 桃園 (as in airport). 桃源 is a beautiful part of the island but so are parts of 桃園.

Yea… there’s the airport. It’s a way to get out of Taiwan.

That’s all it means for me.

1 Like

Shihmen Reservoir is nice.

There are also lots of fish restaurants in the surrounding area serving reservoir fish dishes.

1 Like

Is it really? It’s cool when a typhoon demands they open the flood gates. Otherwise, meh.

1 Like

Nice area, quiet and clean air, as few people.

For the northern Taoyuan not much good museums / art / culture and good food, but Taipei is short drive away for that (or by public transport as I find it’s hard drive there with smaller roads but lots of people).

1 Like

Lala Shan National Nature Reserve (拉拉山(達觀山)自然保護區) in the northern Taoyuan is an amazingly beautiful place and the ancient trees are enormous and impressive.

2 Likes

Thanks a million - I had a look at Francesco’s. The food looks delicious :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. I’ll definitely check out the video, there aren’t so many on YouTube of Taoyuan. Living vicariously through street view right now :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the info!
I’ve never actually lived in a city before, because where I live it’s less than 500 people in the village. So I think maybe Taoyuan will suit me well, especially if it’s only a short trip to Taipei :slight_smile:

Thank you!
That’s definitely something I want to check out, the natural beauty in Taiwan is really amazing.

https://tw.forumosa.com/tag/taoyuan

When you have free time to peruse (above).

2 Likes

My mates all know Francesco and I’ve still yet to eat there.

I will definitely go there after LNY.

3 Likes

Wow! Sounds like an adventure! It’s hardly a small town.

1 Like

l think the opposite will be the case, unless you want the opposite of a tiny village. There will likely be more than 500 people within 500 meters of where you are most of the time in urban Taoyuan.

1 Like

On the list

可薩橄欖油手作料理 Francesco’s Italian Restaurant (附超大停車場,近交流道)
03 302 9989

2 Likes

https://travel.tycg.gov.tw/en/travel/travel-guide
Taoyuan city is in northwestern Taiwan, neighboring New Taipei City. It is made up of mostly plains, interconnected mountains and plateaus. Its shape has a long and narrow southeast-to-northwest trend, and occupies 1,220 km². The biggest district is Fuxing.

Living location can affect lifestyle. Because moving from one part to the other can take time driving or public transportation. Lots of times bicycle could be quickest and they have youbike.

If you think you want regular access to the train station which is an efficient way to get to Taipei and other places then consider how you’ll get to and from the train station at different hours.

Decent buses available to and from Taipei but it helps to be close to one of their stops or stations.

New MRT lines and stations opening soon.

The Riverside has more and more bike paths so having access to that is kind of nice especially in a city with small crowded streets.

Good food is growing near Taoyuan Arts Center in one of a few newer areas.

1 Like