Taoyuans County's best opens Tonight:

For all of us living in Taoyuan County, the entertainment world has justed been upped a full notch. Azul’s R&B, located at #375 Jung Feng Road, opens tonight. Full Restaurant, Sports bar, live music, pool and darts spread out over 3 floors.

To get there from Taoyuan or Chungli simply take the No#1 freeway south to the 66 expressway heading east, and take the Jung feng exit. Turn right and go straight for about 4km until you see a Mcdonalds on your left with an Elementary School across. Azul’s R&B is next to the school in a unique circular building that is impossible to miss.

North from Hsinchu simply head North on the freeway unitil you hit the 66 turnoff heading east and follow the directions above.

This will be the premier hang out in Taoyuan County, so come pay a visit…Open from 5:30 onwards Tuesday through Sunday.

We have the best bar Pool table in Taoyuan county…Full stop.

More later…

For more details please PM Wookie…

Good luck.

I’ll be there soon enough, but not tonight!

peace

jds

A really nice place to go and that’s not only because I almost live there. We will for sure come back again and enjoy it. It was also a pleasure to meet you Wookie and Good Luck for the future.

Maps! Maps! Maps!

We need MAPS! :taz:

Where’s Truant when we need him?

Best of luck waking up the folks in Taoyuan! :laughing:

[quote=“TaiwanSaffies”]Maps! Maps! Maps!

We need MAPS! :taz:

Where’s Truant when we need him?

Best of luck waking up the folks in Taoyuan! :laughing:[/quote]

Tell me where you’re coming from and I’ll give you specific directions.

phone# b 480 1001[/b]

Hey I heard that Syd from Canada by way of Kingston, Jamaica is involved in this business. Can this be true?! Syd! You are STILL there? Good on ya mon. This is a shout out from someone in your distant past. I knew ye way back when . . . you were a newbie English Teacher 1993. Send me a PM, I’d love to catch up wid ya.

Bodo

Hi…
Is it possible to get from TaoYuan to the place on scooter ?
Or maybe a bus ?

cheers, Brian

Hey Brian,
Ya you can get to it by scooter. Just take the old Highway 1 from Taoyuan to Chung Li. Once in Chungli then head to the train station. From there head under the station and up. Once out of the tunnel turn right on the first road. Follow it as it slow curves(many blocks), then turn right when you get to a funny 5 way intersection. Don’t make a “U” turn onto the immediate right though. Then stay to your right, don’t take the underpass, you will see you have to then turn left to go over the underpass. Take it and then follow that road for about 10 minutes(depends on speed though). It is called Chung Fong Road. It will pass through a small town with a Mcdonalds on your right and then down a small hill. Continue on until you see another Mcdonalds on you left. Then look to your right a little ahead and you will see Azul’s. It is right on the corner in a round 3 story building(stand alone one). Go in and have a great time. For me the trip would take about 30 min. maybe(I ride fast). You I am not too sure. Once you know the way it will be a lot faster. Budget 45+ the first time though. Take care and see you there. Hope this helps and is not too complicated.

By train, take it to Chungli and get off. Across the street is the bus station. Take the bus going to Longtan down Chung Fong Road, not sure the number. Get off as you see the second Mcdonalds. You can see it from there. Later.

[quote=“Surf”]Hey Brian,
Ya you can get to it by scooter. Just take the old Highway 1 from Taoyuan to Zhongli. Once in Chungli (Zhongli) then head to the train station. From there head under the station and up. Once out of the tunnel turn right on the first road. Follow it as it slow curves(many blocks), then turn right when you get to a funny 5 way intersection. Don’t make a “U” turn onto the immediate right though. Then stay to your right, don’t take the underpass, you will see you have to then turn left to go over the underpass. Take it and then follow that road for about 10 minutes(depends on speed though).[/quote]

Hmm…

The rest of this post is spot on for directions, with the exception of what I’ve quoted above.

You don’t need to go to the Train station, and you’ll save much time by just staying on provencial highway one all the way through Chungli. Once you have passed through most of Downtown Chungli you’ll see a large Police station on your left, with an elementary school on your right (and a footbridge). From there, Jung feng Road is the third light. Hang a left, and then follow the previous posters directions to Azul’s.

30 minutes by scooter from Taoyuan? That’s pretty optimistic. Give it 50 minutes to an hour depending on where in Taoyuan you are coming from and how fast you ride. Azuls place is in Longtan, a pretty long jaunt by scooter from Taoyuan city.

Yeh, take the bridge that goes over the tracks. That is Chung Fong road. That is easier, but I thought the train station might be a good reference. The place you turn left at is a funny angled intersection with a large park on your right(kitty corner right that is), if you follow the new instructions. You come to another big school on your left and then a bridge if you go to far. Just watch for the bridge over the train tracks on your left. That is the correct road. Hey MJB, you and I made it from Taipei to Chung Li in 50min. on our bikes. Taoyuan to Chungli/Longtan no sweat(ha,ha).

Is this place still open? I live in Jhongli and am looking for other places to go when I actually do go out. Could I get some scooter directions?

Sadly, Azuls R&B closed down quite a while back, which is a shame as it was a premier place to hang out. The rather out of the way location made it too difficult for those without transportation to make the journey out there. Everyone who made the effort though, was well rewarded.

Your best bet are the downtown bar scenes like the River pub, etc…