Taoyuan's Ta Shee Resort - Buffet is a joke!

WHOA!!! Is that KRAFT American Cheese???

:banana: :yay: :banana:

:astonished:

It’s exactly these kind of things that pisses me off at lots of supposedly “high class” establishments in Taiwan. :fume:

That was just the tip of the iceberg lettuce. Goopy canned peaches, bread that was obviously weeks old–where do I begin? The room service menu has 5 items on it.

The whole hotel, in fact, seems like it is falling apart. Loved all the cigarette burns in the comforter. Don’t bother with this dump. :help:

Wow, ten years ago they had some of the finest buffets on the island, as well as one of the best laid out residential neighborhoods around. I have a pediatrician friend who owns a house out there. Very plush.

I remember the first lunch buffet I had there had Lobster tails…All you could eat. Not slipper lobsters or large prawns…Lobster.

Wonder what happened? :idunno:

MGB wrote[quote]Wonder what happened? [/quote]

Taiwanization!!
Or if you prefer “ChaBuDou-ization”

Seriously, it depends how it was set up. If they got lots of memberships upfront, then the owners could run with the money. Short-sighted greed rather than long-term excellence.

Bentuhua! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was there on the election day (CSB’s first presidential election) and even back then I was very much unimpressed with the entire set-up.

Poor imitation of a classy place, IMO.

Those look like “Cheese-like” slices.

I’ve only been here 2 years, but I have really started to see a pattern with things that start out great, and deteriorate until it’s quite laughable.

Another victim: FNAC in Asiaworld. 2 years ago, I made a point of heading there to check out the english books, magazines, CDs (arguably one of the best layouts/selections), and all the gadgets.
About 6 months ago, the selection was getting pretty thin on english books, and the gadgets. Then 2 months ago, the whole gadget dept had been moved into the book section, leaving one of those ongoing bra/knicker sales to use the space.
Now I just heard that FNAC has closed there.

Last time I was in Page One, it seemed to me more and more chinese literature was coming in, and less English stuff was being stocked. They have decided to rearranged all the sections, without updating the shelf lables, so all my favourite sections will require relearning. Grr.
I just hope Page One doesn’t deviate too much from what was a brilliant store.

Getting back on topic, I have noticed a bunch of bars and restaurants go downhill since I have been here, and rather rapidly too.
I guess the moral of the story is to go a few times when they start out and never ever return after that (Just enjoy the fond memories)
I’ve been embarassed a few times now taking guests out to places that were fantastic a few months earlier, but laughable the second or 3rd time around. :fume:

I used to enjoy trying new places, but after a while it gets frustrating to head into place expecting just a ‘normal’ meal and getting shit food and shit service.
That is why I enjoy the likes of Tpebob, Tavern Captain and Alleycat (to name a few) in their efforts to provide some havens of consistent service and food in Taipei.
At least these guys take the concept of return customers very seriously. :notworthy:

[quote=“Truant”]
That is why I enjoy the likes of Tpebob, Tavern Captain and Alleycat (to name a few) in their efforts to provide some havens of consistent service and food in Taipei.
At least these guys take the concept of return customers very seriously. :notworthy:[/quote]

How very kind of you to say.

:notworthy: :smiley:

Ta Shee has a great gold course which provides a nice walk after dark. And a great place for say, a 4 year old to dig in the sandtraps. :whistle:

[quote=“Truant”]I’ve only been here 2 years, but I have really started to see a pattern with things that start out great, and deteriorate until it’s quite laughable.

Another victim: FNAC in Asiaworld. 2 years ago, I made a point of heading there to check out the English books, magazines, CDs (arguably one of the best layouts/selections), and all the gadgets.
About 6 months ago, the selection was getting pretty thin on English books, and the gadgets. Then 2 months ago, the whole gadget dept had been moved into the book section, leaving one of those ongoing bra/knicker sales to use the space.
Now I just heard that FNAC has closed there.

Last time I was in Page One, it seemed to me more and more Chinese literature was coming in, and less English stuff was being stocked. They have decided to rearranged all the sections, without updating the shelf lables, so all my favourite sections will require relearning. Grr.
I just hope Page One doesn’t deviate too much from what was a brilliant store.

Getting back on topic, I have noticed a bunch of bars and restaurants go downhill since I have been here, and rather rapidly too.
I guess the moral of the story is to go a few times when they start out and never ever return after that (Just enjoy the fond memories)
I’ve been embarassed a few times now taking guests out to places that were fantastic a few months earlier, but laughable the second or 3rd time around. :fume:

I used to enjoy trying new places, but after a while it gets frustrating to head into place expecting just a ‘normal’ meal and getting shit food and shit service.

[b]That is why I enjoy the likes of Tpebob, Tavern Captain and Alleycat (to name a few) in their efforts to provide some havens of consistent service and food in Taipei.

At least these guys take the concept of return customers very seriously. [/b] :notworthy:[/quote]

Hear hear!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: