TARC linked passport does not have all visa entry

I can’t find it right now but I remember someone mentioned that the passport for people who do not yet have household registration does not have the same visa privileges abroad as a normal ROC/ID linked passport. Does anyone have more information/details on that matter? Like, which countries? My pal just received his and it has a pretty sticker with a warning.
received_10155235574227653

Wikipedia often is a good place to start.

You can check the info here.

Visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens

National without household registration

Immigration control>Other jurisdictions
“As NWOHRs do not hold identification cards, their ROC passports thus do not get them visa-free treatment from a number of countries and territories, including Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, and the United States.”

Well, Wiki is a start but not reliable. I was hoping for more detaisl regarding how to tell.

Pal says he will use his original passport and ask for visas in the meantime.

I don’t know how much the following site is reliable, but you can check the passport and visa requirement there (from references of Wikipedia). It seems to be a site airlines are using.

Travel Information Manual, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
http://cms.olympicair.com/timatic/webdocsI/spdbmainv.html

For example,
Albania:Visa required, except for Passengers with a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport for a maximum stay of 90 days.

Belgium:Visa required, except for Passengers with a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport with personal ID number shown on the bio-data page for a maximum stay of 90 days. (SEE NOTE 56075)

That’s the TIMATIC, Travel Information Automatic which is what airlines use in their grant boarding/refuse boarding decisions.
The Wikipedia article Visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens gets all its information straight from TIMATIC so it’s pretty reliable. So the countries are United States, Latvia, Australia, New Zealand, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, and Japan. Singapore you can get the visa-free entry with an NWOHR as long as you have a valid Taiwan re-entry permit which I suppose the TARC is. All the other countries that Taiwanese citizens can go to visa-free NWOHR should be able to too.

When was the information last updated on Wikipedia is something that could be brought into question. Best your friend just checks TIMATIC with the specific country they’re going to and there should not be any trouble because if there’s nothing in the TIMATIC entry about the passport needing to have the ID number then the airline staff will let him on the plane. He won’t know for certain until he actually passes immigration in the target country so the only thing he can do is act on the assumption that it will be OK but have a backup plan in place in the case that they don’t let him through and he needs to come back to Taiwan.