Tax 101

I’m new at having to pay taxes myself. Everywhere I’ve ever lived, it has been done automatically or by my employer. I basically I have no idea what to do.

I started working in Taiwan mid-March 2008.


Your employer should be making deductions for you, along with deductions for health and labor insurance. If they are not, you can file your total income for the year at tax time in April/May, though it requires a witholding statement from your employer showing the income earned. It will also require a lump sum payment for any taxes due on the year.