Tax Return?

My school last year filed earnings of 30,000 p/m with the government. They paid me somewhat more, needless to say. Both sides were happy with this arrangement. Come tax time (more or less) they now tell me that I needn’t file any sort of return because under a certain amount it is not required. I suspect they are wrong and I need a tax return ‘slip’ from them.
Any knowledge or websites/phone #s I could check out for info? I tried to check it out on websites given in another post but these seem inactive…
I’d like to note also that since leaving this school I have been in and out of Taiwan on two occassions and never ( or on any previous comings and goings) have I been asked about my tax.

[quote=“Dial”]My school last year filed earnings of 30,000 p/m with the government. They paid me somewhat more, needless to say. Both sides were happy with this arrangement. Come tax time (more or less) they now tell me that I needn’t file any sort of return because under a certain amount it is not required. I suspect they are wrong and I need a tax return ‘slip’ from them.
Any knowledge or websites/phone #s I could check out for info? I tried to check it out on websites given in another post but these seem inactive…
I’d like to note also that since leaving this school I have been in and out of Taiwan on two occassions and never ( or on any previous comings and goings) have I been asked about my tax.[/quote]

The Kaohsiung tax department website or Taipei tax department website.Any other place, the information is located on these websites.

When you file for 2005, they’ll check the history of your filing and find out that you’ve failed to file for 2004. They’ll know this because they’ll ask for your entry/exit history record. They’ll see your ARC. And see you’ve worked in Taiwan for XYZ period and that you didn’t file for part of that period you stayed and worked in Taiwan.

Everyone needs to file their taxes, your employer, yourself and your employer needs to give you a tax slip so you can file your tax return. If you have further troubles in this regard and are in the Taipei Country/City area, we can help you if you contact us.