Taxes - Leaving Taiwan

Not just bosses, I really started to think it is a tendency of Chinese culture ppl not to get informed by themselves and just follow whatever the “experts” tell them to do. Too mafan ofc knowing what to do.

I see this so much with my fiancée, she is smart goddammit, has all the tools to understand things, but just can’t be bothered and asks always to “the person” without reading anything.

Very dangerous

1 Like

I think what probably happened is the tax office woman said to him ‘if justintaiwan doesn’t pay, then you will be liable cos you didn’t make deductions’ and now he wants to make retroactive deductions by getting me to pay the tax office. But keeping that part of the conversation to himself.

Instead of saying to himself ‘justintaiwan is more trustworthy than I am, I have nothing to worry about’ he’s gone down the path of being a pain.

Anyway I decided I’m just not going to see him at all. I’m too busy (I leave in two days) to deal with problems someone has given themselves

1 Like

This is what I did when I left Taiwan to go work in China for a year. No issue when I returned.

1 Like

Although I didn’t actually have any tax due, cos I left in August so was on resident tax rate.

I will have taxes due but they’re due in May each year. So even if I am liable for 18% on this years wages, I don’t need to pay until next May.

Turns out he already submitted a false declaration claiming he withheld tax. So they asked him to pay the money he said he withheld but didn’t. And so he asked me to pay it.

I just said that’s not my problem, I’ll pay my taxes in May. If he made false declarations that’s not my problem, it’s his.

2 Likes

It gets better. They said they can pay it first and I repay them next year.

I said sure thing, but then you need to correct my pension that you underpaid and stole from me for 2 years first.

Response ’we’ll sort it out’

2 Likes