TCM's view of heart/behavior correlation in pets

Interesting article. Will discuss it with my vet -who does Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for pets, in particular, my Toto, for a heart condition.

[quote]—

How does all this complex Chinese medicine relate to your pet? Let’s explore the common canine condition of separation anxiety. Excess heart energy or improper transference of energy along the meridians negatively affects Shen (behavior) and manifests as aggression, restlessness, destructive habits, panting, redness to the skin, and other signs.

Pet owners play a vital role in promoting heart health and reducing anxiety by providing appropriate exercise, mental stimulation, and environmental enrichment. Additionally, food energy can contribute to an anxious state. Commercially available dry pet foods are devoid of their natural moisture and can add heat by requiring the body to secrete moisture during the digestive process. Besides anxiety, heat accumulation contributes to allergies (skin and digestive), seizure activity, immune mediated diseases, cancer, and other serious conditions.

On innumerable occasions, I have seen pets with anxiety and clinical signs of heat-associated health conditions improve when fed a diet composed of a “cooling” blend of whole-food based proteins, grains, vegetables, and fruits.

Yang (heating), Yin (cooling), and neutral foods are topics that will require a follow up article in which I can better clarify their role in managing pet anxiety and other veterinary medical conditions.

[/quote]
pet360.com/dog/health/pet-an … JzZwmgmUbw