TD Ameritrade

I emailed them for expedited verification, but they said it’s no longer possible. My account was verified two months after I applied. What are your plans for deposit and withdrawals?

For deposits, it seems like I have to make a visit to my local bank every time.

For withdrawals, I’m still not sure what’s the best option. Looking at the forms on TDAmeritrade’s website, I’d have to mail a form to the US every time I need to do an international wire from TD–>local bank account. Sounds annoying and time consuming.

ask your bank to add an outgoing beneficiary in your account. once that is done, you can transfer USD out online to the beneficiary like TDAM.

I haven’t tried withdrawals as yet from TDAM.

Hello,

If anyone here try to use USD account in a Taiwan bank to deposit money on Etoro? Can I ask for the conversion fee?
The Etoro website does not state this clearly

Thanks all

Be careful with Etoro

1 Like

What happened?? Could you tell me more? I am trying to compare all the trading apps to use in Taiwan.

• TD Ameriate and Passfolio is recommended, but honestly I dont wanna do the bank transfer everytime I deposit. It takes much time and also language barrier
  • Webull and Robinhood seems not available in this region.
  • With Etoro I know all the fees are high but it is easy to use and register, you can deposit by debit/credit card and copy trading (I am not gonna do the CDFs)

Thanks

What is the problem with eToro?

Withdrawing problems. Specially if you changed credit cards or bank account.

1 Like

Underlying CDF too

Well what’s the problem? If it’s a wire transfer, it’ll work.

Been using TD since 2001 and they’ve been pretty solid over the years. The downside, as mentioned, is getting the funds back to Taiwan if needed. Now I am in my fifities I am beginning to look into moving it back to Taiwan

1 Like

With the TD move to Charles Schwab, how have people found withdrawing money to their TW Bank account. I have not attempted to withdraw anything yet. Just interested to hear from people that have. Thanks