Tdf 2022

Jai’s not racing. Recent form not good enough. :sunglasses:

:woozy_face:

Seems that Bob Jungels was allowed to start even though he was positive !!

Reason being CT count over 30 - his first test showed 30, next one a day later 38, so not considered to be infectious by the UCI and OK to start.

(Care - Cyclingnews is now paywalled after you read 5 articles in a month - best use in-private browsing etc and clean out any cookies etc).

Now if only the Taiwan CDC …

Duno if i heard it right but the winner of stage 2 was in a life-threatening coma 18 months ago…

That takes some brass. I’m still getting over my appendix being removed seven years ago… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

And the winner of stage 3 was the guy who put him in hospital :sweat_smile:

Well that was a hell of a stage. Pogacar is basically riding the whole tour solo. He had zero support from his team but still rode incredibly while all around him was shear mayhem.

Great win by Si Clarke, a man who was finished on the bike till Israel Startup signed him. It was like watching Any Given Sunday seeing him drag himself inch by inch up to the line. Chills.

Also such heroics from Wout, going back to pull for two crashed leaders after crashing himself and then pulling the whole peloton back up to Pog and even retaining the yellow.

3 Likes

WTF was Bettiol up to? 2 teammates in the break and he was drilling it at the head of the peloton, sucking Pog along.

Robbie McEwen opined that maybe Bettiol will sign for UAE next year.

Weird.

Nobody knows. The fix is in I guess. UAE have no cobble domestiques so they’re paying other riders to do the job. Stuvyen as well.

1 Like

So the Pog had a bad day - hopefully he doesnt have another. Roglic now seems to be working for Vingegaard and even Wout van Aert dropped back after Roglic was dropped so as to help him back to inflict the next dose of pain to Pog - which he did.

Jumbo-Visma gave him quite a workout.

Wout van Aert even gave a Green Jersey (the Podium presentation one) to a fan who gave him some air for a slow puncture on the way back down the hill after the stage.

The Alpe tonight, after a second dose of the Galibier on the way.

I also suspect that there might be some not good news in regard to Allan Peiper (former Cyclist and UAE DS who is being treated for Cancer) coming. Pogacar gave him quite a pat on the back in his Rest Day interview which leads to the worry that the end might be nearing.

Hopefully I am wrong, and there is nothing special to the comments.

Possibly the best days stage racing I’ve ever seen. Absolutely bonkers.

But does Pog have the lurgi?

That was great

Fuck yeah Pidcock! My guess, he’ll win the whole thing within three years.

Not yet, but it seems that his Team Manager is the latest to test positive.

Another one out due to the lurgi -

Warren Barguil, the most combative rider of stage 11 and winner of the Souvenir Henri-Desgrange atop the Galibier, has quit the Tour. His team Arkéa-Samsic announced that he returned a positive test for Covid-19.”

A day for the Break to succeed, else a Bunch Gallop as the climbers will no doubt we wanting a rest.

One word…WVA

Roglic has quit so as to recover from the Stage 5 crash injuries. He is still intending to do the Vuelta, no doubt after Win #4 (in a row).

(In that crash he dislocated his shoulder, put it back in himself after borrowing a spectators chair to sit down in !!!). Having dislocated my shoulder in a High School Gym one day, and taking months before I could put my full weight on it again, it does make you wonder what these guys are made of.

If the this year’s tight race for yellow wasn’t enough, we also got this…

Just evidence that TdF is no joke.

He’d better bloody win that final stage.