Tea Party Nonsense

Yes. Believe it or not, there are some who actually think… :laughing: … that WorldNutDaily … :laughing: … is a reliable … :laughing: … source of news! :roflmao:

Ned Silver puts it about 300,000 - higher than expected by many, but nowhere near millions- and yes, he’s a Democrat, but he’s also a straight-up numbers guy

fivethirtyeight.com/2009/04/ … l#comments

TC can confirm this but I think most of those idiots are newcomers to the cause who, under Bush, were all for massive increases in the scope and power of government, fueled by criminally irresponsible deficit spending, before they were against it under Obama.

Because, according to their own website, some of them perceive the government as their enemy.

Of course they do. But there’s a difference between calling for reform and declaring the government as the enemy. I have no idea what the legal boundary is between free speech and treason, but I would never associate with people who considers my government their enemy. I know where my loyalties are.

I would expect a liberal to think like that. These people are not concerned about their so called “tax cut” They are freaked out about unprecedented government spending and a monumental expansion of the power of the Federal Government. But of course, anyone who doesn’t agree with a liberal is an idiot. According to the intellectual expat community, if you don’t like borrowing trillions to give minuscule “tax breaks” to people, then you’re crazy. Real intelligent debate here guys.

This whole tea party nonsense is a typical atavistic wishful-thinking grasping at straws by those that might be going down for the last time.

The original tea party was a fascist drunken mob with their own axe-driven agenda. Oblivious to their elder leaders they were. All the rest is just hyperbole.

These new jokers are pretty sad sacks if they’ve not got much else to complain about other than taxes. Only the inbred idle rich would attempt such malakey.

I hope some wise guy kicks lackeys such as NewtGingRich in the nuts as soon as feasibly possible.

Right now we’re borrowing money to pay the interest on money we borrowed in years past. And – let’s be honest here – we have no intention whatsoever of paying back the mountains of money we’re borrowing now. We’re leaving that to future generations of Americans who are, at most, just barely out of diapers on the idiotic theory that they’ll somehow be positioned better – if we even care – to pay off our mountain of debt while at the same time funding their own existences entirely out of their own pockets because the world has finally had enough of lending to the U.S.

So who are the real idiots here? A nation of fiscally irresponsible dolts behaving at the functional level of morons or a minority of its citizens who have finally awakened from their mind-numbing slumber and are mad as hell about the fix they and their children and children’s children are in.

We’ll be lucky if they don’t dig up our bones and scatter them to the wind once they figure out what we’ve done to them.

Which explains why they protested so vehemently when Bush carried out unprecedented government spending and a monumental expansion of the power of the Federal Government. :noway:

A fair argument, and the first one where you didn’t resort to childish name calling.

A fair argument, and the first one where you didn’t resort to childish name calling.[/quote]
Hey, if someone’s an idiot, I’m not afraid to call them what they are. :sunglasses:

The argument of Tea Party Americans is essentially the argument of the former Comptroller General of the U.S., David M. Walker. In other words, the nation’s former top accountant. And if you haven’t listened to and heeded his warnings by now then you’re the – how else can I put it? – real idiot here. And the situation has only gotten worse since he began sounding his warnings two years ago:

Interview with former Comptroller General David M. Walker

And alot of other people as well, all idiots of course, no smart person could possibly want to control government spending.

[quote=“spook”]The argument of Tea Party Americans is essentially the argument of the former Comptroller General of the U.S., David M. Walker. In other words, the nation’s former top accountant. And if you haven’t listened to and heeded his warnings by now then you’re the – how else can I put it? – real idiot here. And the situation has only gotten worse since he began sounding his warnings two years ago:

Interview with former Comptroller General David M. Walker[/quote]
The problem is that if we suffered ‘catastrophic consequences’ right now, we wouldn’t notice.
What we are hearing most is that you don’t worry about deficits when you are in a recession. There’s people like Krugman who think we aren’t spending enough.

But see, the problem with this “it’s really all about out-of-control government spending” is, as Chris said, where the hell were they when Bush was running up the bill? Where were they when the first bailout went through? I imagine that some individual protesters might actually believe some of the crap they’ve been fed by FOX news (who promoted endlessly promoted these tea parties - grassroots? yeah right) and were basically just following orders. But overall, if you think that the organizers of this sad attempt at a protest were about anything other than just being anti-democrat and anti-Obama for the sake of being anti-democrat and anti-Obama, you’re delusional :loco:. It doesn’t matter what he or Congress did, they would have found, or just made up, some excuse for opposition.
To be honest, though, I thought the tea parties were pretty great. Look at the pictures, compare them to, say, the Iraq war protests, and it’s pretty clear how marginalized the Republican party is these days. I hope they keep pulling stupid stunts like this and driving the independents away :slight_smile:

[quote=“zyzzx”]But see, the problem with this “it’s really all about out-of-control government spending” is, as Chris said, where the hell were they when Bush was running up the bill? Where were they when the first bailout went through?
[/quote]
You can make small changes year after year and no one will notice, but when you make a big change people stand up and start paying attention. As an example, just look at how credit cards work. Pay the minimums and you never notice the 22% interest you have to pay :wink:

Not everyone who did this was “fed by Fox news”, although some certainly took the idea and started running with it after it was premiered on Fox. Remember, Fox reported that people had started having tea protests, then more protests started happening. It’s not the other way around. From the reports on the media, and online, this was a rather poorly planned “protest” without any big 501(c3) corporations funding it like was the case with Moveon.org. As I posted a link earlier, not every protest was anti-democrat and anti-Obama. Many were anti-“retarded fucking politicians”.

With regards to your last two lines, I would ask you the same thing about all the protests in the last 8 years on subjects like the Iraq war and immigration. Were the participants there being anti-Republican, anti-Bush and it didn’t matter what he or Congress did, that they would have found, or made up, some excuse for opposition? If so, why is that any different than what’s going on right now and any less valid an expression of the 1st amendment?

[quote]
To be honest, though, I thought the tea parties were pretty great. Look at the pictures, compare them to, say, the Iraq war protests, and it’s pretty clear how marginalized the Republican party is these days. I hope they keep pulling stupid stunts like this and driving the independents away :slight_smile:[/quote]

Refer to my above comment about the organization of the two different events. One had a well known name funding the localities, the other is a collection of different groups protesting under one collective banner (but lacking cohesion on what issues they are actually protesting against).

I would hold off on the claims of driving independents away just yet. The latest CBS/NYT opinion polls show that 68% of independents disapprove on the bank bailouts and overall 53% think the country is going on the wrong track. That 2nd number has been decreasing steadily in the last two months, but it’s odd. Somehow the respondents approve of President Obama by a majority of those polled (66%) but they also think the US is going in the wrong direction. The banks are already reporting 1st quarter profits but if the rest of the economy doesn’t turn around, the opinion ratings may start to fall. April 2006 CBS NYT Opinion poll PDF

[quote=“zyzzx”]But see, the problem with this “it’s really all about out-of-control government spending” is, as Chris said, where the hell were they when Bush was running up the bill? Where were they when the first bailout went through? I imagine that some individual protesters might actually believe some of the crap they’ve been fed by FOX news (who promoted endlessly promoted these tea parties - grassroots? yeah right) and were basically just following orders. But overall, if you think that the organizers of this sad attempt at a protest were about anything other than just being anti-democrat and anti-Obama for the sake of being anti-democrat and anti-Obama, you’re delusional :loco:. It doesn’t matter what he or Congress did, they would have found, or just made up, some excuse for opposition.
To be honest, though, I thought the tea parties were pretty great. Look at the pictures, compare them to, say, the Iraq war protests, and it’s pretty clear how marginalized the Republican party is these days. I hope they keep pulling stupid stunts like this and driving the independents away :slight_smile:[/quote]
Bush was running up the bill, but Obama put the gas on the accelerator (after having criticized Bush spending on the campaign trail.) Obama and Democrats also have a very snarky, condescending attitude towards states (as becomes liberals in general), treating them like children, as though the federal government is the end-all of everything that is government, which attitude Bush never exhibited. State governments formed the federal government, and not the other way around.

It’s interesting to note that most posters think the protests are wrong and won’t even consider for a moment that the policies of the man in office might be causing this. They’re still adamant about enjoying their honeymoon as long as possible, which necessarily makes them voluntarily blind so that they refuse to even entertain the possibility of even one out of an array of potentially contradictory realities.

I spoke too soon. It appears Montana is now the second state to have signed a sovereignty bill by the governor. Perhaps Oklahoma will be third.

Montana’s bill asseverates that Montana can nullify any federal gun laws.

[quote=“Chris”]1 million…out of 300 million.

All sad dupes and nutcases.[/quote]

I couldn’t read until the end. Yes, it would seem that there were quite a few, no make that an abundance of nutcases out that day. I had to go and report on the whole thing and let me tell you, those were some angry folks. And they want their guns too. :doh: :no-no: :astonished: A CNN reporter got her head chewed off. I got called “Acorn” several times, as I find out later, supposedly the Acorn folks were to infiltrate the thing and then post video, casting a bad light. :unamused: Whatever. I get it a bit. Just a bit as I live in a state with the highest taxes with the most fools in office. So, I’m paying 10.25% in city/county taxes. About to pay 4% in income when they raise it. I’m all taxed out, while jobs are no where in sight in Illinois and prices are rising so fast, the Pillsbury doughboy ain’t laughin’.

[quote]This is only the half of it. Some 20 states have soveigeinty bills in the works. Now, two states (Texas and Oklahoma) have passed it in both houses, and Texas governor has signed it. (But Oklahoma is expected soon.) Texas governor is on record of having said, at a tea party, that Texas can leave the Union if she wants. There’s a bit more talk of secession than there ever used to be for a long time in American history. Obama, the great uniter.[/quote] Ah-so. Now we know why there’s the Lincoln comparison.

It seems British media understand the seriousness of the state-sovereignty movement than our American media, who are ignoring it. If you don’t believe the seriousness of tea parties, this is something can believe.

Recession, depression, secession

[ul][color=#006614]Apparently there’s a bit of a 10th amendment craze sweeping through the union of states that is the country of America. The message being, if you’re disgusted with Washington meddling too much with your affairs, just leave! (And in some cases take your oil resources with you).

As Gregor highlights (our emphasis):

And yes, it is a serious issue.[/ul][/color]

Obama and Democrats may cause the break-up of our nation if they don’t watch it. Just like Democrats, again, almost did the first time (even though no laws forbidding slavery had been up to that point enacted).

That’s democracy. When your side loses, form your own country.