Teach online from home on ARC. Ok, yeah?

We need the legal experts involved here, but my completely amateur guess is that to teach online legally you’d need to be doing it from a computer at the address on your ARC.

1 Like

Exactly. Leaves me wondering a bit.
Of course if it was enforced, that would be absolutely absurd. But… well…
Yeah, interested to hear more if anyone knows.

1 Like

Will you be filing taxes for year 2020 this month/next month in-person at tax bureau?
I recommend asking one of the filers behind the desk (not the volunteers). Just to see what answer they have. Maybe even ask for that worker to ask his/her boss.
I’ve found tax bureau to be very helpful with all kinds of questions.

Oh I just thought their system would be automatically linked to immigration.

but yeah, still curious about immigration work legality of it. I mean, if this turns into a 3 month ordeal (fingers crossed it wont, but who knows), I would just like to know we’re in the clear. (for those of us with just arcs)

Yeah it is illegal, simple as that. Your home is not the physical address of the school. Ditto
Although the government did say work from home , so you could argue you are following their orders.

To the OP: you are dutifully complying with public health laws in effect.

Given how stretched the authorities are, there is no way they will go after you for this.

But yes do put a neutral screen behind you when you teach if you can.

Guy

Well damn. Hope there’s no way they would look back and go after people for doing that when this is all over

The school will give the working address for tax purposes, so obviously no potential problem there.

The only way for proving someone worked in a different location would be to check their IP address. I suppose it could happen.

I just meant like the tax office could go like “hey it says you were at ‘school address’ but alas there was no school allowed during these months.”

Again, I know I’m overthinking it… Just curious about it all. Oh well

1 Like

The tax office won’t care.

And if anyone asks, you tell them you used online learning to keep everyone safe. It’s not unknown now as every teacher is doing this.

Take care,

Guy

Good point. It’s a conundrum. You have to work from home, but you can’t work from home plus you can’t work from the address on your ARC.

Only if someone really had it in for you would that happen. And a lot of time on their hands.
But I forgot Murphy’s law :open_mouth:

If I were you, I wouldn’t bother too much about it. I guess no one would care.