Teach with a Two Year/Associates

你好!

I have a TEFL certificate, and an Associates. I’m working on a Bachelor’s. Do you guys know of any companies that will hire me? I know about Hess. Any others guys?

谢谢!

Where are you from
How old are you
What do you look like

These are all important questions when seeking a job here
Hah

Which country issued your passport?

This is the most important question, when you want to teach English here legally. If you are not a spouse of a Taiwanese.

1 Like

I am a 28 year-old white white girl from the US.

2 year associates plus TESOL certificate will get you a work permit.

1 Like

I have an American passport. I have already worked in Taiwan. I absolutely loved it. I am just hoping to go back while I finish my degree over the next year, but don’t want to work at Hess again. I’m hoping to find a school that will hire me, but cannot find one!

Thank you. I have those! Do you know of any school that will hire me, besides Hess by any chance?

I have a 3 year diploma which is a similar situation.
What I did is just walk in to schools you want and ask if their hiring. If they ask if you have a degree just say yes.
When they go to hire you provide the associates and TEFL certificate. They usually don’t know the difference anyway and will send it to Taipei to be approved which it will be.

The only reason they ask for a degree is because that is what most people have. If you start explaining the whole story of your 2 year diploma they figure you don’t qualify and will dismiss you out of hand

2 Likes

That sounds like a crazy, awesome idea. I might try that! It honestly sounds a little scary though haha! Thanks man, it’s something to really think about…

Public schools obviously won’t accept that degree but the average run of the mill buxiban just wants to know it will be approved with minimum fuss.
If they question it when you give the paperwork, just assure them it will …

1 Like

You’ll have no trouble

2 Likes

If the school is reputable, you may find it slightly more difficult to land a job. Having said that, after spending years here, what HR is looking for is experience. This means much more than whether you have a Bachelor or an Associate degree. Also, your demo; show that you can interact well with kids, and keep them engaged and liking you, and you will be fine!