Teaching English in Japan

Hello just wondering do they need as much teacher in japan as here in tw? my brother is in japan and i think it’s a pretty nice place…maybe I will move there for a year or 2 and teach english there…but how are the pay there? anyone got a website or any info? thanks a lot…

other then tw I think china, korea also need english teachers eh?

You may find all the answers to your questions about Japan at www.letsjapan.org

[quote=“ironfist”]Hello just wondering do they need as much teacher in Japan as here in tw? my brother is in Japan and I think it’s a pretty nice place…maybe I will move there for a year or 2 and teach English there…but how are the pay there? anyone got a website or any info? thanks a lot…

other then tw I think China, Korea also need English teachers eh?[/quote]

Please, please, don’t teach grammar or writing.

You do dance right? Play guitar? Juggle erasers?

there is a big demand for teachers in japan. but it is more expensive to live there than in taiwan. if you can get a program like JET or Interac the money is better. Buxiban’s are all over. Not sure about the bay.

[quote]Please, please, don’t teach grammar or writing.

You do dance right? Play guitar? Juggle erasers?[/quote]

I second that.

No offence but ironfist, you need to do something with your typos if you want to teach English. I have serious doubt that you are not a native speaker by reading your posts.

We all make one at some point.

We all make one at some point.[/quote]

LOL, that made me stop and think too. :slight_smile:

Well the thing is I can get away with it because I AM NOT a native speaker. :smiley:

edit:

I have serious doubts whether you are a native speaker or not.

You guys get all the breaks. :slight_smile:

I think you would be happy in Japan, if you were happy in Taiwan. The JET program is pretty hard to get into, but schools like NOVA and AEON hire all year round. You will be able to save more money if you choose to live outside of the expensive cities like Tokyo or Osaka.

There’s a website called ohayosensei.com/ . You can sign up for their newsletter and post a job wanted ad for free. Their newsletter is a goldmine of jobs. :rainbow: