Teaching position in Kinmen金門

Hey,

There’s a teaching position in Kinmen/Jinmen/Quemoy/金門, a beautiful small island off the coast of China. (see the linkhttp://tour.kinmen.gov.tw/english/)
We are looking for a native speaker with a teacher’s certificate.
Some job details:
The maximum number of classes will be 22 per week.
You’re going to teach at one primary school and co-teach with school’s local ETs for some classes.
We are going to use the contract sample suggested by MOE of R.O.C…
The monthly salary will be around 2000 US dollars(according to your seniority and education background). You will get 11 months paid, PTA, insurance, and 2 one-way tickets(Kinment-your country).

If you are interested in this position, please contact with me as soon as possible.
My e-mail address: yiting.lee@gmail.com

Sincerly,
Laticia

What is with the 11 month contract? MOE contracts are 12 months, include holidays and bonuses, …

Good luck with that.

[quote=“ilikecoffee”]What is with the 11 month contract? MOE contracts are 12 months, include holidays and bonuses, …

Good luck with that.[/quote]
It could be worse. Many public school contracts in Chiayi are only for 10 months. :astonished: The op is probably saying that they will use a highly modified version of the MOE contract. :laughing:

Well, the biggest difference between our version and MOE’s contract is the 11-months-paid.
But the rest of them are pretty similar, basically the same.

11 months contract:
It’s like some substitute teachers get 12 months paid, some get 11, some just get 10. It may be related to /depend on the local government’s projects.
Our 11 months contract means, you come and teach from September 2013 to July 2014.
You may need to work for a around 2 weeks in July for English camps but you are free to leave by the middle of July.
If you’re interested in this job, I’ll have the school send you the contract so you can check all the the details first. :slight_smile: