Teaching to Non Teaching, Work Permit Experience

Hey guys,

After teaching in Taiwan for 3 years I found a non teaching job. Problem is I’m worried about the work permit application.

I know the requirement is a bachelor’s degree and two years post-graduate relevant work experience. I came to Taiwan right after graduation and started teaching but I have been working online/part time for a website(editing, proofreading, social media, content writing) back in my home country while I’ve been in Taiwan. This is relevant experience to my new job and believe its why I was successful.

But is it good enough to get a work permit? Could ask the website boss to say my work was full time but even then will remote working while I’ve been in Taiwan as a buxiban teacher count?

Would love to hear anyone else who’s made the transition from teaching to business work in Taiwan. Did you have a similar experience applying for a work permit?

TLDR: is remote work experience while in Taiwan as an English teacher good enough for a work permit?

Thanks!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unhelpful

If you’ve already found the job. It’s the employer’s responsibility to find the work permit for you.

They will do the work.

1 Like

Yeah they are taking caring of it for me, just hoping it will be successful!

That’s pretty much all you can do. Hope for the best and comply with information/document requests.