Technical consultant, how much to ask for?

Hi people,

I need some feedback here.

I just got a proposal: an industrial company wants to hire me on a basis of 1 day every week, depending on their workload. The job would be 50% technical consultant (eg advices on how to improve their work), and 50% technical support (tool box and repairing).

Now, they ask for my daily rate but I have no idea of how much I can ask for this kind of job in Taiwan.

Any idea, suggestion or experience?
Thanks in advance.

Taurus

I know accounting software company charges about NT1,000 per hour for maintenance. But I also heard from my friend that he quoted NT20,000 per month for IT consulting for an industrial company and the company thought it was too expensive.

Why not ask for a $1,000 for an hour (for example), which would be $8,000 per day, and then give them a discount, so only charge them $6,000 per day.

Alternatively, you could ask for NT$ 2,000 per hour, which would be 16,000 per day, and then give them a discount, so only charge them 10,000 per day.

(It is important that you mention your “standard charge” as well as the discount . . . . the Chinese prefer to do business and quote prices this way.)