Technics SL1200 turntable wants to be their own DJ

My new blue tooth turntable is awesome. Just thought I’d drop that in here. :banana:

Let me know in a couple of years once the bluetooth whatever fails, or doesn’t work as expected. I can’t service surface mount anything.

Also the new SL1200 turntable is quite expensive, something like 2000 USD.

I’ll probably just buy another one if that happens.

Which is part of the problem. They make proprietary components that can’t be replaced, and the thing costs like 2 cents.

What problem? I have no problem spending another NT10k buying another table.

There is no problem whatsoever on my end.

So anyway, hope you paid and reimbursed for your work and costs.

The problem is to the environment. We’re throwing away big items because of a 2 cent component that no one has.

Multiply this by millions, and you can see this is an environmental catastrophe.

Right to repair isn’t just for cost, it’s for the environment. This is why the EU is mandating this.

Yeah, my house is relatively green and clean of stuff. I own very little these days.

Yeah, have to say I don’t much care. I do what I can and live pretty simply and I take care of my belongings. If I’m not carbon neutral, I don’t lose sleep.

Is that where you live now? Aren’t you the guy spraying toxic paints and gases in his rental apartment? You think rebuilding a turntable will square that circle?