TECO-US II: Send your vote registration in before the 2/12

This is a follow up on this post from my thread, “TECO-US: If you vote you will be drafted!” which is about how a few TECO’s in the US have been lying to people and telling them they will be specially drafted just for voting.

It didn’t end there, as I already completed and sent in everything, I just found out something even more sinister. TECO-US all over America have been telling individual registrants to send their papers in before 2/12. The problem is due to the Lunar New Year holidays, there will be NO postal deliveries from 2/5 to 2/12! So if you don’t get your form in by 2/4 you are effectively screwed!

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … highlight=

Then use EMS or overnight services. UPS will make deliveries up to the 6th and resume on the 12th. A vast majority of Chinese that go back to Taiwan to vote are pro-KMT. They are the rich, highly educated, and pro-business voting block (who obviously don’t have a problem using overnight services when they procrastinate).

You think Chinese people that hate the recession in the USA are going to vote for Taiwan to enter a recession as well. Hsieh and the DPP = economic meltdown for Taiwan.

Also your concern about the draft is a little unfounded. The cops in Taiwan have to actually pick you up for draft dodging. Assuming you don’t stay at the residence you listed yourself under for over 12 weeks…chances are they’ll be too busy doing other stuff.

Not to mention what the hell is the ROC military going to with an ABC like you. You’ll get a cushy office job translating missile manuals or some other nonsense. Most likely you’ll fail the basic comprehension test and they’ll list you as deficient for military service. Well at least you’ll be able to go back in 2012 without the fear of the draft hanging over your head.

WOOOSH!!! Thats the sound of the main point flying over your post. My complaint is that pro-KMT, Non-Taiwanese speaking, TECO NY reps are telling people to get their papers in by the 12th, and not to worry. The problem is its actually the 4th.

As for being rich, highly educated, and pro business… first of all, I don’t think AC_Dropout has the right to talk about any of those 3 points and I’ll end it there.

The US recession will impact the world globally, with the USA being the main trading partner of Taiwan’s megacorps. Taiwan was affected negatively the last few times when there were economic downturns. Ma, famous for killing Taipei’s oldest night market and ruining the computer market, will likely not be able to navigate his way out of this oncoming recession. Meanwhile at least Hsieh is credited for KaoHsiung’s revival.

WOOOSH WOOSH! That’s the second sound of another point flying over your post. My first complaint in the first “TECO-US:” post is that they were trying to scare other people with misinformation and then not helping them.

That’s uncalled for and is a direct attack. You know nothing about me, I’m squealing this portion of your post.

Oh yes, EMS and private couriers like, UPS, don’t operate in NYC during Chinese New Year. How could I have forgetten?

I don’t see what your problem is. Thousands of Chinese have been able to register to vote for Taiwan’s presidential elections while oversea. You’re post makes it sound like your the only guy who’s ever done this.

Actually I know more about you now than I ever really wanted to know… :laughing:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Then use EMS or overnight services. UPS will make deliveries up to the 6th and resume on the 12th. A vast majority of Chinese that go back to Taiwan to vote are pro-KMT. They are the rich, highly educated, and pro-business voting block (who obviously don’t have a problem using overnight services when they procrastinate).

You think Chinese people that hate the recession in the USA are going to vote for Taiwan to enter a recession as well. Hsieh and the DPP = economic meltdown for Taiwan.

Also your concern about the draft is a little unfounded. The cops in Taiwan have to actually pick you up for draft dodging. Assuming you don’t stay at the residence you listed yourself under for over 12 weeks…chances are they’ll be too busy doing other stuff.

Not to mention what the hell is the ROC military going to with an ABC like you. You’ll get a cushy office job translating missile manuals or some other nonsense. Most likely you’ll fail the basic comprehension test and they’ll list you as deficient for military service. Well at least you’ll be able to go back in 2012 without the fear of the draft hanging over your head.[/quote]

I don’t know about that, I think most overseas Taiwanese are Pro DPP and will vote like that (altho I do not agree with them).

Overseas Taiwanese in the PRC are pro-DPP? Overseas Taiwanese in USA and Canada pro-DPP?
I doubt it, biggest bunch of pro-business, anti-war group I’ve ever met. Not to be confused with those that sympathize with the DPP over identity politics. But this group supports the KMT the majority of the time.

Just do a quick survey in F.com, among those identified as ROC citizens, and you will see DPP support is probably at a all time low, reflective of what is going on in Taiwan.