Temp forum=no edit?

I just realized an oddity. If a thread gets dumped in the temp forum after having lived part of its life in some regular area then you can not edit your own posts once it gets dumped in temp forum.

I presume there is some occult reason for this, for example since the thread is being prepared to die you do not want it disturbed in any fashion kind of like being laid out in a coffin.

Seriously, what is the reason for that. I realize the reason maybe that is the way the software is set up.

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]If a thread gets dumped in the temp forum after having lived part of its life in some regular area then you can not edit your own posts once it gets dumped in temp forum.

I presume there is some occult reason for this[/quote]

Yes, it’s been that way for a long time, I think. I imagine the reason is so that you can’t then edit out the silliness or other flounderable factor in the post and then claim that it shouldn’t have been floundered. Er, temped. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure Goose Egg will clarify for us shortly. :wink:

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“brianlkennedy”]If a thread gets dumped in the temp forum after having lived part of its life in some regular area then you can not edit your own posts once it gets dumped in temp forum.

I presume there is some occult reason for this[/quote]

Yes, it’s been that way for a long time, I think. I imagine the reason is so that you can’t then edit out the silliness or other flounderable factor in the post and then claim that it shouldn’t have been floundered. Er, temped. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure Goose Egg will clarify for us shortly. :wink:[/quote]
Yep, that’s it.

And also because we dabble in the occult.

This might be another good topic for the newbie FAQs. I’ll let DB handle it since it looks like he really wants another T-shirt. :wink:

Oh, that is a bit of clever cyber-crime fighting. To prevent people charged with trolling from destroying the cyberevidence. That is actually a good feature.

thanks much,
take care,
Brian