🎾 Tennis | Tennis In Taipei!

the poor bugger would probably keel over the second he stepped on to the court.

the poor bugger would probably keel over the second he stepped on to the court.[/quote]
I don’t even own a tennis bat.

Hi there - I’ve been dying for a tennis partner too. I could hit anytime on weekends, or Mon and Tue evenings after 7. I’m female, from the US, intermediate/advanced level. Let me know when and where you’d be up for a hit. Thanks!

Hello - just wondering if you are still looking for tennis partners. I’d say I’m intermediate/advanced level, from the US, early 30s, female. I’m free on weekends or some weeknights and would play anywhere in Taipei. Send me a message if you’re interested. Thanks!

[quote=“dpendery”]I’ve been looking for avid tennis players in Taipei for some time, but without much luck. I know groups of players now, but would like to meet with some intermediate and above players who are foreigners. Please contact me if you are interested. I’ve lived in Taiwan for a number of years, and am a permanent resident here.

David Pendery[/quote]

hey thanks for the reply, but ill be out of taipei this weekend ill be back next on monday, maybe we could have a hit on tuesday, do u know any place that has lights ?

i am in the same boat, love to play but can’t find anyone/anywhere to play.

I’m also no higher than intermediate but am good enough to serve (weakly) and keep a rally going.

I’m only free in evenings and on weekends though. PM me if you (or anyone else) are keen.

[quote=“W_miu”]ok, ive been in taipei for about a month now, and i really really really want to hit some tennis balls, i managed to get somone to have a hit with twice so far, and thats so not enough of a fix for my tennis addiction, I want get a tennis fix every single day, and like… right nowww!!

i found a hitting partner to hit on fridays, but its been raining every single friday for like the past 2-3 weeks, so does anyone want to have a hit any other day? right now I’m free like all the time
beginners are welcome, but i perfer somone who has played for 3+ yrs? or atleast is ok on both sides(get the ball back) and can serve…

need to hit balls![/quote]

Yeah ! me Too ! Count me in. Please PM with details or call 0910280709.

Bernard

Hi. I’ve just moved to Taipei from the south and am looking for tennis partner(s). I think i play reasonably well and it’s be nice to continue playing here in the north. I’m actually residing in Shulin, but working in Taipei and have most evenings or weekends free. If you’d like to meet up for singles, or need a doubles partner, please let me know the details.
Thanks in advance
Carl

I’ve just moved up from the south. I consider myself to be an intermediate/advanced player. I work near Taipei 101 during the day and reside in Shulin. If anyone’s interested to play weekday evenings or weekends, please let me know.

Carl

We have started a small group of tennis enthusiasts and we meet every Saturday afternoon starting at 2pm at Jing Mei Park which is very close to Jing Mei MRT station. The google maps coordinate is 24.99151, 121.536581 - you can PM me for a detailed map.

All are welcome.

Bernard

Please let me know if anyone wants to play! I’m studying Chinese at NTU (Gongguan MRT). I’m around intermediate level.

I play once in a while with a good friend of mine, when we can both get the same time off. We play over at the Rainbow courts which you can see in the river park area when you cross over the Min-Chuang bridge into Nei-Hu. The courts were re-done last year and look great.

I’d be interested in getting out a bit more though. Always looking for new people to play with.

We have a group that plays regularly at JingMei park which is close to JingMei MRT station. Saturdays at 2pm and all are welcome to join. Google coordinates 24.99151, 121.536581

Problem with Rainbow park is unless you have a car, it’s very difficult to get in and out.

I hear ya. You can park your scooter nearby though and just walk over. They did re-do the courts last year, so they are quite nice.

Hi,

I also love playing tennis but there are so few of us that play it seems, and the few people I currently play with don’t share similar work schedules with me so it makes having a game difficult. If anyone in Taipei City wants a game in the daytime or early evening weekdays and perhaps weekends too, then give me a shout. Male or female I don’t mind. Contact details below:

James

Hi BernardT,

Do you all still meet every Saturday around 2pm? If so, got room for one more? I would be taking the MRT from Zhong Xiao Dun Hua to Jingmei.

Cheers,

Calvin

Hi All,

Is anyone still in the Taipei area and interested in hitting?

Just arrived in Taipei - near the Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT Station - a few days ago and will be here until 06/30. I’m willing to travel a bit as long as there is an MRT Station near the courts and my playing level is around 4.5 to 5.5 NTRP (depending on my day =P). My schedule is also pretty flexible.

Cheers,

Calvin

Hey Calvin,

I’m in Taipei, I live close to Songjiang, Nanjing MRT and I play tennis at a park near to Ximending. I’m English so I’m not that familiar with US tennis standards but I hit fairly well, though my serves are sometimes a little dodgy as I’m a bit lacking in match experience. If you want to meet for a casual/introductory game one day let me know. We could meet at Ximen MRT and I can show you where the courts are.

Cheers,
James
Email: hello.toppers@gmail.com

Hey James,

Yes, let’s set something up! I emailed you my phone number and I’m free tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday any time after 12pm and don’t mind meeting at the Ximen MRT station.

Thanks,

Calvin

I’m looking for a tennis partner in Taipei as well. I’m intermediate level with a really inconsistent serve, so rallies would be best. My schedules are wide open. Contact me if you’re interested!