šŸŽ¾ Tennis | Tennis In Taipei!

[quote=ā€œmangomangoā€][quote=ā€œkaikai34ā€][quote=ā€œmangomangoā€]Hi anyone interested in playing near NTU. Iā€™m just up for some casual rallies, nothing competitive.

Also anyone know where to find coaching or a tennis club? Thanks[/quote]

You need to get a membership to play inside NTU. Iā€™ve snuck on and played a couple of games but quickly got booted.[/quote]

Iā€™m a student at ntu. I think Iā€™m able to book courts with a small fee :slight_smile:[/quote]

For tennis coaching, you can check out here: sunnytennis.tw/
For free playing, I occasionally play with my friends in NTUST, but Iā€™m eager to join if there any people want to play, either in NTU or anywhere.

There are plenty of good outdoor courts that are free to the public. The best that I have seen are the ones by the riverside park on the Neihu side. Thereā€™s a few courts on the Taipei side by Yuan Shan, but they arenā€™t as nice as the ones across the river.

[quote=ā€œjamesjuiceā€]Hi,

Have you find tennis partner or group?
I would like to join. Prefer on weekend. Taipei area.

I benchmark myself, and Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m on 3.5-4.0 level, with 10 years occasional tennis experience.
Male 31y[/quote]

26y male here at around 4.0ish level. Iā€™m down to meet up for hitting in Taipei! Mangomango and I have also planned on getting together for a session. Now we need a 4th!

Mangomango can book NTU courts, but if you donā€™t want to pay to play, thereā€™s always the Riverside Park courts. I advise getting there before rush hour to hold a court on weekdays!

[quote=ā€œranleeā€]There are plenty of good outdoor courts that are free to the public. The best that I have seen are the ones by the riverside park on the Neihu side. Thereā€™s a few courts on the Taipei side by Yuan Shan, but they arenā€™t as nice as the ones across the river.

[quote=ā€œjamesjuiceā€]Hi,

Have you find tennis partner or group?
I would like to join. Prefer on weekend. Taipei area.

I benchmark myself, and Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m on 3.5-4.0 level, with 10 years occasional tennis experience.
Male 31y[/quote]

26y male here at around 4.0ish level. Iā€™m down to meet up for hitting in Taipei! Mangomango and I have also planned on getting together for a session. Now we need a 4th!

Mangomango can book NTU courts, but if you donā€™t want to pay to play, thereā€™s always the Riverside Park courts. I advise getting there before rush hour to hold a court on weekdays![/quote]

Hi, please count me in. PM me for the details time and contact number.

Its not that I cannot afford to rent a court, but there is no reason to rent a court without a sparring/hitting partner :slight_smile:
Andā€¦I got trouble when involving chinese conversation to book a court :slight_smile:

I got from web the list of available tennis court (either free or paid):
tealit.com/article_categorie ā€¦ cle=Tennis

Hi ranlee,

I reply your PM, but it stays in my outbox folder, not goes to sent folder like my first PM to you.
Is it normal? Is my message reach you already?

Hi all, I just started a LINE group for Forumosa tennis players in Taipei. Please feel free to PM me your LINE ID to be added!

Group is open to all levels of skill and non-forumosans as well!

Hey Guys,

Heading over to Taipei for most of the summer. Will be there around July 12th- August 5th or so. 4.5/5.0 NTRP level player. Looking for some hitting partners, free anytime. Email me at kajikyuu@gmail.com Played 3 years of High school tennis, going to play college too. Thanks!

Regards, Alex

[quote=ā€œkajikyuuā€]Hey Guys,

Heading over to Taipei for most of the summer. Will be there around July 12th- August 5th or so. 4.5/5.0 NTRP level player. Looking for some hitting partners, free anytime. Email me at kajikyuu@gmail.com Played 3 years of High school tennis, going to play college too. Thanks!

Regards, Alex[/quote]

Check your e-mail!

For all the tennis fanatics out there in Taipei, I do have a LINE group going with people getting together for tennis on a weekly basis. PM me your LINE IDs to join! All skill levels welcome!

How on earth does this thread have over 13K+ views and only 100+ replies

Lots, and lots of lurkersā€¦kind of like me. :slight_smile:

I think Taipei has a lot of tennis residents out there and also a ton of people ā€œjust passing throughā€. I tend to check this thread every month or so to see if there is some new information about a court I might not know about or someone posting that seems to have a similar schedule as me. Itā€™s hard finding a regular hitting partner in Taipei. I found it so much easier when living in the bay area.

Hi guys,

Iā€™m thiking of taking tennis classes the evenings (or early morning) but Iā€™m a real beginner.
Do you recommend any good place (And not too expansive). If in Neihu or around Zhongshan Junior High school area, it will be the best.

Iā€™m okay for group classes (If with fun people hehe!)

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

Lots, and lots of lurkersā€¦kind of like me. :slight_smile:

I think Taipei has a lot of tennis residents out there and also a ton of people ā€œjust passing throughā€. I tend to check this thread every month or so to see if there is some new information about a court I might not know about or someone posting that seems to have a similar schedule as me. Itā€™s hard finding a regular hitting partner in Taipei. I found it so much easier when living in the bay area.[/quote]

Maybe because of my constant checking, this thread gets 10+ views everyday haha.

I have since hung up my racket due to my ankle injury, but will continue to the run LINE group to help people meet up to play.

[quote=ā€œdudumomoā€]Hi guys,

Iā€™m thiking of taking tennis classes the evenings (or early morning) but Iā€™m a real beginner.
Do you recommend any good place (And not too expansive). If in Neihu or around Zhongshan Junior High school area, it will be the best.

Any recommendation?

Thanks![/quote]

Whatā€™s your price range? I used to go to the courts at XinShen Park close to Xin Tian Temple, they are a little expensive for a semi-private (2 people) or private lesson (1 on 1). However, itā€™s a little more private than a public court.

If you go to a public court over on the riverside park, you can scout out a coach giving lessons and ask how much he charges. One of my friends from the states says he found a coach at the riverside rainbow courts for 800NT/hour.

When it comes to skill level, most coaches take all levels of skill.

[quote=ā€œdudumomoā€]Hi guys,

Any recommendation?

Thanks![/quote]

Go check out sunnytennis.tw
they have class near ZhongShan junior high school station that area. Reasonable price and class is both fun and challenging !
I guess they r the most well-known tennis center in Taipei.
Itā€™s better to go take class during the evening , cuz itā€™s too hot in day time haha~~

hope itā€™s helpful !

[quote=ā€œHawaiiSandyā€][quote=ā€œdudumomoā€]Hi guys,

Any recommendation?

Thanks![/quote]

Go check out sunnytennis.tw
they have class near ZhongShan junior high school station that area. Reasonable price and class is both fun and challenging !
I guess they r the most well-known tennis center in Taipei.
Itā€™s better to go take class during the evening , cuz itā€™s too hot in day time haha~~

hope itā€™s helpful ![/quote]

Link is dead, but if youā€™re talking about the Xin Shen Park courts, I mentioned it above.
Try this http://kuoiang.myweb.hinet.net/sign.htm

Hi guys,

Iā€™ve tried the sunnytennis close to Zhongshan Jr High school.
3000TWD for 10h in group.
I like it so far.

Thanks for the recommmendation.

If any Taipei tennis guys or gals are interested in some tennis this weekend (Aug. 9 or 10th) send me a PM. I normally play weekday nights, but have a free weekend and wouldnā€™t mind testing the summer heat.

Iā€™m in the Daā€™an area but donā€™t mind travelling if it is semi-close to public transportation. Iā€™m a dude and range from 3.5-4.0 depending on the day ; ) Iā€™m not looking for some match play or anything, so if anyone 2.5+ range looking to get a good sweat with free time, let me know.

[quote=ā€œbest_intentionsā€]If any Taipei tennis guys or gals are interested in some tennis this weekend (Aug. 9 or 10th) send me a PM. I normally play weekday nights, but have a free weekend and wouldnā€™t mind testing the summer heat.

Iā€™m in the Daā€™an area but donā€™t mind travelling if it is semi-close to public transportation. Iā€™m a dude and range from 3.5-4.0 depending on the day ; ) Iā€™m not looking for some match play or anything, so if anyone 2.5+ range looking to get a good sweat with free time, let me know.[/quote]

Are you on LINE best_intentions? I admin the (unofficial) Forumosa Taipei Tennis group and a few of us meet up on weekdays and weekends and range from 3.0-4.0 skill level.

PM me your LINE ID and Iā€™ll add you to the group.

Facebook group started for ā€œpick-upā€ tennis in Taipei.

[color=#FF0000]Taipei Tennis Meet Up[/color]

Is the group name. Feel free to look for us.

Iā€™ve applied to join the group, if someone could accept me that would be great!

Iā€™d also be interested meeting people to play tennis with here obviously - Going by US standards I was roughly 4.0-4.5 (played for one of the lower teams at my university) but I havenā€™t played for a while because of a knee injury (non-tennis related).

I live in Daan District (near Tech building station). I have cheap access to the indoor courts at Academia Sinica also.

Pm me if youā€™re interested and we can chat on line.

Cheers!

Hello all!

I just came from the states several weeks ago and will be in Taipei until February 2015 now near the zhongxiao xinsheng MRT stop. Hope to look for some beginners to play with. Used to play a lot with a lot of coaching, but it has been several years, so I play at a beginner level now. Any good tennis shops in Taipei? (I have line)