Terrible food you ate as a child

What food have you eaten in the past that you’ll never eat again?
AC_SL1500

1 Like

3 Likes

Are you talking about shit that was gross and/or unhealthy but ridiculously delish, or horrible nasty stuff one’s mother insisted on forcing upon one??

Agree on the stupid acne melon, but what’s wrong with this delicacy?

Edit: where did the pasta go?

I tried it when I was in Australia, mostly out of curiosity (same reason why Vegemite shows up in my post). Overcooked pasta in a watery ketchup-like sauce with random tasteless sausages of dubious origins floating around. It filled my heart with sadness.

2 Likes

The photo of the vegemite above is blasphemous.

Okay it is terrible you are right…

That was American pasta in the old days. Before Sbarro and Olive Garden came along.

Cancer in a box

3 Likes

Spaghetti O’s (I still love them even though I believe they are objectively bad). I also loved TV dinners, ham salad, meat loaf, mac’n’cheese, fast food of any type, and hot dogs. I still like these things, though I rarely eat them.

Lutefisk and hominy corn. Because I’m not a big fan of lye. :face_vomiting:

My grandma’s oyster soup, which consisted of milk, salt, pepper, a pat of margarine, and a can of oysters all heated together. That was an entree at her house (she’d survived the Great Depression, so).

My dad led me permanently afoul of one of his favorite hunker down foods, bologna. I didn’t share his preference for bologna swimming in Log Cabin syrup. Also, when I was like six my taste buds finally clicked over the flavor of mustard. Suddenly couldn’t get enough. Dad showed up with his bologna in tow, and I ate cold bologna with yellow mustard slathered all over it until I had to go lay down for awhile.

3 Likes

Vesta’s curries and other Chinese ready meal dishes, spaghetti in can, but always and above all, Spam.

2 Likes

Wow, this thread is making me appreciate my mom. I had nothing but tasty, nutritious food as a child (even if it was mostly vegetarian).

1 Like

Checks out.

4 Likes

Grass and grain-fed all the way, baby. :sunglasses:

i used to think these were good. :cry:

1 Like

Why are they so wrinkly?

I loved ketchup sandwiches.

2 Likes

Brine. Put anything in salt long enough and everything will get wrinkly :joy:

download

1 Like

I like how in the picture on the can you can see a nice looking, smooth hot dog and then the actual product looks like something that has been cursed by the Gods.

2 Likes