Terrorists fanatics launch bombings against rival sect

[quote]And Campbell County authorities arrested a Liberty University student for having several homemade bombs in his car.

The student, 19-year-old Mark D. Uhl of Amissville, Va., reportedly told authorities that he was making the bombs to stop protesters from disrupting the funeral service. The devices were made of a combination of gasoline and detergent, a law enforcement official told ABC News’ Pierre Thomas. They were “slow burn,” according to the official, and would not have been very destructive.

“There were indications that there were others involved in the manufacturing of these devices and we are still investigating these individuals with the assistance of ATF [Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms], Virginia State Police and FBI. At this time it is not believed that these devices were going to be used to interrupt the funeral services at Liberty University,” the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office said in a release.Three other suspects are being sought, one of whom is a soldier from Fort Benning, Ga., and another is a high school student. No information was available on the third suspect.[/quote]

Apparently this guy was planning to blow up the Reverend “I Hate Fags” Phelps for protesting at Jerry Falwell’s funeral

blog.myspace.com/

[quote]“Christians, we have been given life after death and we should help others receive it and not sit here in our big buildings and sing to ourselves so we can go home and feel good about ourselves,” Uhl writes. “Christians, fear of death, fear of death. The fear of death shows you don’t believe.”

"God needs soldiers to fight so his children may live free. Are you afraid??? I’m not. SEND ME!!! "[/quote]

The title is misleading. It looks like the arrest occured prior to the attack actually occuring.

[quote]“Christians, we have been given life after death and we should help others receive it and not sit here in our big buildings and sing to ourselves so we can go home and feel good about ourselves,” Uhl writes. “Christians, fear of death, fear of death. The fear of death shows you don’t believe.”

"God needs soldiers to fight so his children may live free. Are you afraid??? I’m not. SEND ME!!! "[/quote]

Bloody Christofascists.

And from Amissville, VA no less. One day I am going to drive there, say “Hmm” and then leave. Stupid and appropriate name for this valiant bible-bashing moron’s home town.

BroonAnimist

Yeah…Christian militants have killed so many people in the last 30 years…the problem must be as bad as Islamofascism. I mean, there’s Christian militants killing non-believers all over the world, right? Thailand, Pakistan, India, northwestern China, the Phillipines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, Nigeria, Chechnya, France, the UK, the US, etc etc, right? Yes of course. It’s all so clear now. Christian radicals are an equal threat to Muslim radicals.

But the worst of all are of course…the Jains. Indeed, the other day on CNN.com I watched a video clip of Jains…and it pains me to say this, really, and yes, it will shock you, but please read on…dumping garbage outside of a non-vegetarian restaurant in a predominantly Jain neighborhood. You heard me folks. Dumping garbage. Just because those in the restaurant did not share their religious beliefs. And you know what else? And I saw…really, I can barely type this because of the horror of this atrocity…a Jain woman looked right at the camera and said (I paraphrase), “Have you ever looked into the eyes of animal you are killing? Have you seen the pain in its eyes as you put it under the knife? This is wrong. Killing these animals is wrong.” Can you believe it? I mean seriously, what difference is there between this FANATIC who goes ON TV to BEG people to stop killing animals, and Muslim fanatics who behead Christian schoolgirls? Obviously there is none.

Heck, if he was driving off the “God hates fags” crowd, then he was practically doing a public service. Also notice that they were slow burning “bombs,” that weren’t likely to cause much destruction. Sounds like a rather mundane arrest of someone who got a little carried away.

No, it was a stellar arrest of a Christian radical responsible for the death of thousands of unbelievers in multiple countries. Christofascism, despite never actually getting beyond a bunch of rednecks boasting, is as serious a threat as Islamofascism. Obviously.

Gasoline and detergent - isn’t that a form of homemade napalm? Or am I thinking of something else?

Murder is murder folks, even if the murderee is a poopyhead.

BTW, I just watched the documentary on this "church, “The Most Hated Family in America.”

That someone hasn’t shot them at a roadside “protest” is an Old Testament miracle.

Speaking of Reverend Phelps, that guy is really something. Here are a few highlights from his life:

[quote]13 Nov 1929 Fred Phelps born, Meridian, Mississippi.

11 Jun 1951 Campaign to stamp out necking and petting on campus makes Time Magazine.

1966 Doctors court records to indicate he had been paid $250 to handle a divorce case, instead of the $50 he actually received. The extra $200 came from Phelps illegally pocketing the bond posted by the wife to free the husband from jail.

1969 Brought before State Board of Law Examiners, on seven counts of professional misconduct. . . . suspended for two years from practicing law.

1970 On the first anniversary of his suspension from practicing law, administers a harsh crewcut to his wife.

Nov 1973 Files a $50,000,000 suit against Sears Roebuck, Inc., because the $186 television they purchased on layaway and paid off early would not be ready until Christmas (exactly as specified in the contract Phelps signed.)

1979 The Kansas Supreme Court disbars Fred Phelps, declaring in part that he had “little regard for the ethics of his profession.”

1991 Westboro Baptist Church stages its first public demonstration at a public park in Topeka, Kansas.

1996 Westboro Baptist Church flier: “Fag Jew Nazis are worse than ordinary Nazis. . .”

1997 Fred Phelps sends a letter to Russian President Boris Yeltsin: “Homosexuals now pervade and control American government at every level . . .”

1997 Fred Phelps sends a letter to Saddam Hussein: “We understand that Iraq is the only Muslim state that allows the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to be freely and openly preached on the streets without fear of arrest and prosecution. Alas, the United States no longer allows the Gospel to be freely and openly preached on the streets, because militant sodomites now control our government . . .”

1998 Westboro Baptist Church press release: "Filthy sodomites crave legitimacy as dogs eating their own vomit & sows wallowing in their own feces crave unconditional love. "

2000 Westboro Baptist Church flier: “Fag priests and dyke nuns is the order of the day for Kansas Catholics. They deserve the sick, perverted leadership that now dooms and damns them.”[/quote]
rotten.com/library/bio/religion/fred-phelps/

How can you not love the guy? :hubba:

Atavistic religious beliefs do tend to cloud the senses.
Anybody who maintains that everything would be alright if only we would only all revert back to the ‘true path’, is seriously out for an extended brunch. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Salafist or a hardcore pentacostalist or evangelicalist, the rhetoric is the same.
Real history doesn’t matter, especially if it came from an outside source, making it totally dismissable as irrelevant claptrap of the heathen hordes.

Yet, gao_bo_han is correct, in that it’s been quite some eons since those Christian zealots were lopping off heads, and torturing any & all in their path.

Most of the Christian wackos that make the media are ego-bound, private corporations.
An amusing source of entertainment at least, and some brain candy for their followers, who’d probably be iotherwise involved in stone age religious michief.

“All religions are founded on the fear of the many, and the cleverness of the few.”
STENDHAL

Of course the title is a joke- the thought of some screwed up fundie blowing Fred Phelps sky-high while Fred is protesting Jerry “Faggots caused 9/11” Falwell for being insufficiently homophobic is enough to set off anyone’s irony meters.

And of course, right-wing loonies never kill anybody…)

[quote] A Florida man was on the brink of carrying out plans to bomb abortion clinics after casing targets, studying bomb-making and buying material that could be used in an attack, according to the FBI and court documents. Jordi admired Paul Hill, who was executed Sept. 3 for killing an abortion doctor and his bodyguard outside a Pensacola clinic in 1994, said prosecutor John Schlesinger. According to the affidavit, Jordi showed the FBI source a letter in which Hill thanked Jordi for his moral and financial support.

The affidavit also says Jordi, a former Army Ranger, hoped to be “on the run” like Eric Rudolph, who is charged with the Olympic park bombing and abortion clinic bombings.

This fall also represents the five-year anniversary of the shooting death of Dr. Barnett Slepian by an anti-abortion activist in suburban Buffalo, N.Y.

In May, James Kopp was sentenced to 25 years to life for that killing.[/quote]

cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/ … 3390.shtml

Not to mention Timothy McVeigh

[quote=“MikeN”]blah, blah, blah Christian wacko

blah, blah, blah Christian wacko

Not to mention Timothy McVeigh[/quote]

Not to mention George W. Bush. Timmy McVeigh was a cubscout compared to the Shrub.

[quote=“MikeN”].

[quote] A Florida man was on the brink of carrying out plans to bomb abortion clinics after casing targets, studying bomb-making and buying material that could be used in an attack, according to the FBI and court documents. Jordi admired Paul Hill, who was executed Sept. 3 for killing an abortion doctor and his bodyguard outside a Pensacola clinic in 1994, said prosecutor John Schlesinger. According to the affidavit, Jordi showed the FBI source a letter in which Hill thanked Jordi for his moral and financial support.

The affidavit also says Jordi, a former Army Ranger, hoped to be “on the run” like Eric Rudolph, who is charged with the Olympic park bombing and abortion clinic bombings.

This fall also represents the five-year anniversary of the shooting death of Dr. Barnett Slepian by an anti-abortion activist in suburban Buffalo, N.Y.

In May, James Kopp was sentenced to 25 years to life for that killing.[/quote]

cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/ … 3390.shtml[/quote]

I was wondering when someone would mention abortion clinic bombers. Because those incidents are on scale with incidents of Islamic terror throughout the world, right? Right.

It’s funny to me when leftists mention this guy as an example of “Christian terror”. McVeigh was not claiming to act out of defense of Christianity, nor was he supported by any Christian clerics, nor did he have any base of people within the Christian community who supported his actions. His actions were out of line with Christian teachings, and in the interviews he said that he was raised Catholic but that he was never very religious, and that it played very little part in his adult life. So why is he brought up as an example of Christian terrorism?

Islamic militants are not terrorists who just happen to be Muslim but are fighting for secular causes. They are Muslims who claim to be fighting for the cause of Islam. They are acting in accordance with Islamic doctrine, usually include trained imams and muftis among their numbers and always include such men among their supporters. They are often heralded as champions by their local communities. In Palestine, suicide bombers are always given huge “martyr parties” that involve thousands and sometimes tens of thousands of party-goers. There are speeches made by the chap’s imam, mother, father, and other relatives and friends. Arab television broadcast their pre-made goodbye videos all across the Arabic-speaking world.

There is absolutely nothing comparable to this anywhere in the modern Christian world.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“MikeN”]blah, blah, blah Christian wacko

blah, blah, blah Christian wacko

Not to mention Timothy McVeigh[/quote]

Not to mention George W. Bush. Timmy McVeigh was a cubscout compared to the Shrub.[/quote]

Why? Because Bush said the word “crusade” in one speech? Give us a break MT. Bush is not a Christian warrior and nobody considers him that. We aren’t rounding up infidels in the countries we’re occupying and giving them the choice between conversion and death now are we?

No, we’re just killing them.