Tesla Cars in Taiwan

I would hate to be on the receiving end of an accident with that vehicle.

gogoro should just make a car at this point. and make it fit down taiwanese alleys.

6 passengers?

Looks very dumb. Reminds me of 1990’s “futuristic” concept cars. Also this:

This is exactly the kind of truck your local betelnut loving laoban is going to be blocking your alley with as soon as it is available .:no_mouth:

2 Likes
1 Like

That thing looks like an overweight DeLorean. :grin:

2 Likes

I think he pulled more than one leg!:rofl:

1 Like

Anyone here own a Tesla?
What are the maintenance costs?
Is is easy to get a spot at the superchargers or are they often full?
Do you pay to use the superchargers?

Anyone dealt with how to get a supercharger installed in their apartment parking space?
My apartment has outlets at every other parking space, they are supposed to be for emergency use, and it looks like it’s 110, but it could be split phase 110 (so you can get 220 out of it).
Obviously you’d need to install a meter…
Just doing some planning, would like to get a Tesla in a year or so, wondering if I’d need to move (currently own the apartment, while renting a parking space).

2 Likes

My sister just bought a model 3. Someone fell asleep behind the wheels and destroyed her Prius. She got a big check due to some minor neck injuries.

It makes sense in LA with many charging stations and high gas prices with that bumper to bumper traffic.

1 Like

Glad she walked away from that one

2 Likes

The guy who was renting my regular spot convinced our building association to install one in one of the common spaces that are used (for pay) when people have visitors or something like that. Incredible negotiating skills, I have no idea how he pulled this off. My guess is that some on the board have plans to also buy a Tesla or maybe he’s paying for it but that’s not how it was initially explained to me. I’ll try to find out.

2 Likes

I don’t think a supercharger will be possible, a normal charger probably will.

Tesla charging

Yes, thank you, you are absolutely correct. Looking at the map, we are less than 1 mile away from a real Supercharger station though! not bad actually.

1 Like

Cybertruck, I’m going with Fugly, awkward and hard to navigate around regular city streets, and people inside look like pinheads if Elon musk’s recent pics are an indicator.

Rent a Tesla!

Anybody here actually own a Tesla in Taiwan? I see a lot of them now and its about time to change cars. Would love to get some feedback of actual users in Taiwan.? It seem Tesla has done well putting up charging stations all around. On my recent trip around the island hotels in Yilan, Hualien, Taitung and Kenting all had Tesla chargers. The prices compared to other expensive cars actually seem pretty good.

1 Like

Tesla on Autopilot meets Taiwanese drivers. :grin:

3 Likes

I will never understand the game of chicken played At 110 kph

1 Like