Test your New Testament knowledge

Test your New Testament knowledge with this examination paper.

[quote]New Testament Studies Examination (December 1992)

You have exactly two and a half hours. Read the paper carefully before writing anything. Answer three of the following questions.

1. Expand, contract and explode one of the following:
    a) the contents of Judas’ Iscariot’s pockets;
    b) the Sanhedrin of Jesus’ day;
    c) your diaphragm.

2. Who did what, to whom, and in what year? Explain your answer.

3. Discuss, in no more than 2000 words, nothing in particular, with reference to anything you like.

4. Would you say that Cleopatra was directly responsible for the corporeal decline of Herod the Great? If not, what would you say?

5. Describe, in excessive detail, the woman at the well. What were her pneumatological implications? Could you suggest a suitable remedy?

6. Briefly solve the synoptic problem (3-4 lines max). Explain why the problem still baffles scholars today, and suggest what should be done to them.

7. Examine and evaluate Schwinkelmeier’s exposition and assessment of Pfundhoffer’s representation and appraisal of Kasselheimer. Critique your answer.

8. Use this sheet to fashion a lifesize replica of the inner sanctuary of the Jerusalem temple. You may ask for more paper if necessary. Crayons are allowed.

9. Evaluate the contribution of Paul to the early church. Do not make too much effort to relate your answer to the actual question. In fact, do not feel obliged to expend any energy on answering this question at all. On second thoughts, ignore the question altogether, and throw this sheet into the wastepaper basket, if you like. (This does not apply if you answered question 8.)

10. John the Baptist was beheaded with the Axe of the Apostles. Refute.

NB. Do not attempt to write on both sides of the sheet of paper at once.[/quote]

Source.

:laughing: I opened this thread hoping for a multiple choice test. :smiley:

Me too.

How many kangaroos at the Last Supper?

None, They don’t go well with the bread and they didn’t have ketchup then. That was only taken from the Chinese later on. (Betcha a few here didn’t know ketchup was originally Asian!!)

Well, at least he didn’t ask for New Testament references to passages in the book of Hezekia.

Fortigurn, with your permission, I’d like to post a few multiple choice questions (the kind D-bones likes) that people can attempt to answer. No peeking.

1. What form did the Holy Spirit appear as when Jesus was baptized?
    A. lion
    B. eagle
    C. dove
    D. griffin

2. Who was the prophetess who lived in the temple as a widow for 84 years before she recognized Jesus as the messiah?
    A. Sara
    B. Anna
    C. Rachel
    D. Divea

3. Who saw the vision recorded in Revelation?
    A. John
    B. Paul
    C. George
    D. Ringo

4. How many separate cases are there of Jesus healing blind people? (not total blind people healed)
    A. 1 or 2
    B. 3 or 4
    C. 5 or 6
    D. 7 or 8

5. As Jesus passed through Gennesaret, all those who touch his _______ were healed.
    A. feet
    B. hand
    C. clothes
    D. donkey

6. What was the first miracle performed by Jesus?
    A. Raising Lazarus from the dead
    B. Healing 10 lepers on the border of Samaria and Galilee
    C. Changing water to wine
    D. Multiplication of fish and bread

7. On how many occasions does Jesus call a dead person back to life? (Excluding himself)
    A. 2
    B. 3
    C. 4
    D. 6

8. Who was the apostle Jesus loved?
    A. John
    B. Phillip
    C. Peter
    D. Jimi

9. According to Revelation, the streets of New Jerusalem are made of what?
    A. asphalt
    B. diamonds
    C. gold
    D. frankincense and myrrh

10. According to Revelation, heaven is
    A. 1500 miles cubed
    B. a perfect circle
    C. full of beautiful virgins
    D. hard to get to if you’re a camel or a rich man

When are you going to post the answers?
:smiley:

Guess at one.

You’d be surprised at how fast I respond.

Number 3 is A.

YES!
:discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance:

GOOD GUESS!
:thumbsup:

Who’s breast did Jesus put his head on after the last supper?

Clue: the answer is in my username.

A: Charlie’s
B: Phillip’s

Number 1 is C because the other animals can only be found in zoos in the area where the baptism happened and Jesus was not baptized in a zoo.
Number 6 is C because I know there is a misconception that religious people do not consume alcohol, unless they take the family to the zoo.

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]Who’s breast did Jesus put his head on after the last supper?

B: Phillip’s[/quote]

I guess
B

Is the answer B? Did I get that one right? I don’t remember anyone close to Jesus named Charlie . . .

[quote=“heimuoshu”]Number 1 is C because the other animals can only be found in zoos in the area where the baptism happened and Jesus was not baptized in a zoo.
Number 6 is C because I know there is a misconception that religious people do not consume alcohol, unless they take the family to the zoo.[/quote]

YES and YES!

The holy spirit was a dove and Jesus turned water into wine as a first miracle! :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance:

i regularly turn wine into passing water.

Unless you’ve got a witness, I’m not counting that as one of your miracles. :neutral:

[quote=“zender”][quote=“Charlie Phillips”]Who’s breast did Jesus put his head on after the last supper?

B: Phillip’s[/quote]

I guess
B

Is the answer B? Did I get that one right? I don’t remember anyone close to Jesus named Charlie . . .[/quote]

Correct. There was no apostle called ‘Charlie’. There was a wannabe disciple called Charley, but he didn’t make it into the good book. Bummer.

One of Jesus’ disciples was a publican. Therefore:

A: We should like publicans
B: We drink a lot when we are in a pub
C: We shouldn’t pay tax to the government
D: All of the above

Come on, this one is easy.

E. Charley the Bummer didn’t make the cut.