Testing the new Subforums - give feedback and comments

hi

the latest post that is linked on the front index page goes to the subforum post if it is the latest one

To do list

1. add links from WITHIN the forum to the subforum
  2. change permissions, if necessary - this forum is attached to a private forum, but it is still viewable from the 24 hour links and URL. It’s parent, however, is still private

Seems to be a goer.

It appears you can’t climb back out of here to the mod forum, you have to go back to index then navigate again.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

But…normally in windows you do expect to climb up and down within a structure.

Ooer missus :salute:

Wouldja jes lookit that!

What Ironman said… But, IMO, it is awkward climbing back out again… maybe that’s just me?

[quote=“Ironman”]It appears you can’t climb back out of here to the mod forum, you have to go back to index then navigate again.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

But…normally in windows you do expect to climb up and down within a structure.[/quote]
When you say you can’t climb back out, so you mean that you are forced to login or you see a browser error?

The permissions for this forum are still wide open, which is why anyone can see it or post in it. But the permissions for viewing the mod forum should still be valid

Wei?

I mean that I cannot simply hit the back button and get back to the sub Forum… I need to go back to the main Index to get back to this sub forum.

Why can’t you click on “The Mod Squad” at the top of this page ? It doesn’t work for me obviously, but have you tried it ?

I concur.

I get it. You have to first be in the Parent Forum and then go into the Subforum - this will add the Parent Forum page to your browser’s “history stack”. When you hit the back button, it actually goes back one page in the stack.

We can use the Forum Introduction text area at the top of all forums to create links in the parent forums to the subforums. This will solve the stacking (or “back button navigation”) problem

I just did an IQ test, I got 20… :help: :help: :help: :unamused: :unamused:

interesting. Might be an idea for stock related discussions in biz and investment?

Are you sure there are enough to justify splitting the forum in 2?

Let’s try things out first geographically with the Restaurant and Events forums

The stocks thingy is something, which flames up at times, and stays relatively silent at others. So some times, the answer is yes, some toimes, the answer is no. However, if all the stock related discussions were gathered in one place, then it might just trigger additional discussion.

Oh well, I look forward to see how this goes.

I quite like this new test sub forum thing. But, then, I’m bored.

I hope we posters are helping out.

Igorveni that was 200 you got on the test, even goldfish get more than 20

Testing…

I have no idea what you’re talking about. What are you going to do with my forum?