Testosterone discussion

You know what, I didn’t want that before. I did the work I wanted and enjoyed For a long time. But there just never seem to be enough money to do things I want. I know many people have a exit career path once they established themselves into a better work life balance job with high pay. I would first like to get there. I’m not making an effort for a masters degree to just not make that much.

1 Like

I did that in my 20s and 30s and I’m super glad I did.

Made life much better and easier for me and allowed me to slow down in my 40s and move to semi-retirement at 50.

I still put in 12+ hour days when I need to though.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I would say you are doing it in an ideal way. For some (maybe most?), it turns out a bit differently. Good for you.

For many, I’m sure you know, they continue with the long hours and stress until even way past 60. You get used to a certain lifestyle, I guess, and poor saving and investment decisions were made.

1 Like

It’s not possible for most people to retire at 50. It’s just a financial fact.

Remember when in western countries one parent could work and you could buy a house , run a car , raise a family and have vacations . In theory having two people working meant they could both retire early …Doesn’t work like that because of asset price inflation mostly. More money chasing the same assets and services…Prices go up. Look at education inflation in the US as another one. Same degree…Multiples the cost.

Actually just having a steady job to raise a family or support oneself is something BILLIONS struggle with worldwide. Around most of the world it’s difficult for young adults to make good money Taiwan being no exception. Well unless you were a civil servant in Taiwan and then yes many used to retire at 50. Not these days though.

I think peak earning years are mid forties to mid fifties, which also coincides with many financial demands. ‘Retiring’ then is not smart for most given how long people live.

Personally I don’t mind working , I would like to do some other things, bigger picture stuff rather than work for ‘the man’ though.

2 Likes

im living in taiwan, [and for the legit isseu] we dont talk anything with buy and sell,we just here for having conversation with “test E HCG SERM AI…etc”
pm me with gmail**
shiki830627 @ gmail.com

Martin…this isn’t good spam.

1 Like

I know this thread is 1 year old. But I was curious… If and can low T be caused by diet, over exercising, and lack of vitamin D. And if it was indeed caused by those things, how long to reverse the effects to get back to normal?

Depends on your genetics and probably age.

If you’re worried. Get it checked.

Also normal is a pretty wide range. You can feel pretty crappy on the lower range of normal. A lot of men go on TRT if they’re on the lower range of normal and experience a lot of the symptoms of low T.

It’s also not just total testosterone you need to worry about. Some people have normal or even higher range of testosterone and feel symptoms of low T. Their SHBG levels might be high and blocks the mechanics of testosterone.

I recommend men past 30 get checked regularly. Even 25 plus. Unfortunately most doctors don’t take it serious because some of it are quality of life issues. But low T has long term health consequences like with your heart health for example.

I already got checked and I’m in the low 100’s. I’m early 40,s and prettier sure it tanked last year when COVID started and I started to wfh and dieting. So trying to revert all the things I changed before I felt the drop. Just wondering how long it will take to recover, if it will recover.

100s is very low. it might not just be a diet and exercise issue. I’m not a doctor but it’s probably an age and genetics thing. Not saying diet and exercise can’t help. But at best I think you’ll be at the lower range if you do ever “recover”

I am in my 50s and in the higher range. I feel awesome, just crushing it.

1 Like

You should get total and free testosterone tested. I had a test last year at a Taipei hospital but they only offered total testosterone.

I think I will goto an endo for my next test. However i’m not eager to do it anytime soon because I really don’t want to be put on HRT for the rest of my life. So i’m trying to see if it will recover on it’s own. Since I never had the test done before, I have no idea what it was before. So not even sure what “normal” for me would be. All i’m looking for is to get back to how I was feeling before the beginning of last year.

Prostrate problems are an issue more or less every man will have to face.

1 Like

Get yourself into a highly competitive environment or very aggressive sport, that can help keep levels high. My bench press lifts are more impressive when I see some hot looking tail walking in front of me just before I lift.

1 Like

There are many factors that can affect your testosterone production, age, stress, food, alcohol and so on. It is normal we get older and your body produce less testosterone, so TRT is one way to keep things in a good level. Another thing is checking your levels of estrogens, low testosterone will eventually make the estrogens levels higher, and you will feel more: fatigue, fat, water retention, tiredness etc.

What can help is wight lifting and a good diet. Cut out bad habits if there is any like smoke, drinking and etc.

I made a cycle of testo but for different purpose and the feeling of have your testosterone levels high is amazing in all aspect of life. From gym to work, family and etc, you feel just amazing.

The thing is, my strength is fine. I’m not over weight. So some of those things doesn’t line up with typical low T symptoms.

also… I eat a pretty healthy diet. Sleep at pretty normal hours. Don’t smoke or drink that much. Maybe 1 drink every 2 weeks. Those are all common things people recommend that I have always done.

Was life worse when you went off of it?

For my case, I stopped for 2 weeks and then started the PCT. During the PCT was terrible, because I was not feeling like a superman anymore, and I didn’t manage to eat as much as I was eating during the cycle. So, from 73KG (mix of fat and muscle) I went to 82KG(more muscle and water retention), then shrink to 75Kg (more muscle and much less fat) during PCT. But overall, after the PCT I’m feeling great, it is a couple of months already, and I still feel good.

2 Likes

Just imagine how you’d feel with normal levels of testosterone in the higher ranges then.

At your age, you might never recover. Nothing wrong with TRT to help you out.

1 Like