Tests to take a flight

Maybe go to Taichung for a dsay? They only have a few cases there.

1 Like

I think they should make a distinction between Taiwan passport holders and foreign nationals. It’s one thing to prevent citizens from leaving but another to make it difficult or impossible for foreigners to repatriate to their home country.

Cancelling appointments when they’re reporting a few hundred cases a day is weird. This isn’t India (yet?).

I’d be fine with a rule that if you leave as a foreigner (even ARC holder) you have to have a really good excuse (family illness, etc.) to leave or can’t come back until the worst is over.

1 Like

Surely, there are private clinics that will do it for a little more? Say 9000? It’s usually like that.

I’d do it in a heartbeat so I wouldn’t have to worry about cancellations. Haven’t been able to find such a private clinic yet. Hints most welcome! :upside_down_face:

Thanks for the suggestion. This is my back-up plan now!

1 Like

Here’s the first website I’ve found so far today with open spots: Banqiao Far Eastern
https://volunteer.femh.org.tw/tocc/Apply/CovidBooking?t=637571272170924287
They are the hospital that saw some cases recently though, so I guess that’s why they have so many spots

3 Likes

Does everyone have this list?

1 Like

Appointments are full everywhere, but many hospitals, including Yangming, Fu Jen, and Tri Services among others, are doing them first come first serve if you show up really early in the morning.

Travelling around hospitals at the time of a surge would seem to be a good way to get the virus.

Taichung mifgt be best?

If anyone finds a giid option in the north, please let us know.

I named three, though there are others. I did mine at Yangming.

Edit: I just learned that Tri Service is no longer doing early walk ups.

The following hospital offers tests - a bit of a hike from Taipei and more expensive than the ones in Taipei, but will provide a 3 hour turnaround. When I called they did not speak English.

https://ssl.landseed.com.tw/lishin/index.php

I had mine booked at Taipei City Hospital - Zhongxing branch, but they cancelled the appointment. All other Taipei City Hospital branches, incl. Yangming, are fully booked for the following 2 weeks.
I also had one booked at Tri-Service after that, which was also cancelled.
I am now hoping that Far Eastern won’t cancel & if they do then I’ll try the walk-in at 衛生福利部雙和醫院.

As I said before, I’m referring to early morning walk-ins. That’s how everyone I know is getting them now. Nobody has appointments anymore that I’m aware of.

As of this morning Yangming had discontinued walk-ins (they did a ton of them the past two days) but Fu Jen was still doing them.

1 Like

Does anybody know if BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Home Test is allowed on flights to USA on EVA or United from Taiwan? This is the test the US CDC approved for the purpose but not sure if its allowed in Taiwan for check in to Flights to USA

Well, it does if you cannot find anywhere for a covid test before departure. Nobody seems committed to keeping this essential service open.

1 Like

For anyone who plans to go to the US and come back to TW, buy one of these and bring it with you.

I bought a 6 pack (you have to have a US address & US credit card to buy). Not sure yet if the Taiwan customs will allow import for personal use or not. Will see next week, I’ll report back.

2 Likes

Would be very surprised if they check your luggage for something like this. Airport customs in TPE has always been among the most unobtrusive customs experiences in the world for me.

I am having it shipped by a friend in usa via fedex. Luggage would be certainly no problem.

1 Like

Any news on where there are free slots to do PCR testing?

Many are walk-in only now but Far Eastern still allows to book a slot for both express (same day) and standard (next day) test results: 亞東醫院-自費採檢