😷 COVID - Covid Tests to take a flight

I’ve been going down the list and every hospital I’ve called so far has told me they are fully booked with tests next week. What a nightmare. Any suggestions on where to look online to book? I see Cathay General Hospital says they only take appointments 2+ weeks in advance, and I need one for my flight on the 28th…

Well I didn’t want to say it because my experience was not good, but you can do walk in first come first served in Zhonghe at 衛生福利部雙和醫院

Based on my experience this week, would recommend getting there around 7:45 to 8 am before the line gets very long.

If you have an N95 mask and goggles, would recommend wearing them.

1 Like

三軍總醫院內湖分區 I’ve consistently had luck there with vaccines and the test.

1 Like

But maybe they’ll be stricter on ROC passport holders leaving a la Australia?

I was amazed that when I did my test, there were like 4 foreigners, myself included, compared to dozens of Taiwanese.

Just to add a little more on this.

It is first-come first-served and only open to people from 9am to 10am. So yes, if getting there around 8am then the line shouldn’t be too long. That link has a couple forms that need to be filled out, and your passport plus a photocopy of it (and I believe proof of your flight - just showing them it on your phone) are also required.

Baobab or anyone else who has done it would know more, but I think you go back same-day to pick up at 19:00. For foreigners, it’s about 7560NT. I have also heard the experience isn’t great, but it seems to be one of the easier places to get it done.

And regarding the antigen test, based on my understand that is only offered at one location in Taoyuan - and they are pretty booked up.

1 Like

Incidentally is there really any advantage to the antigen test? The one at 衛生福利部雙和醫院 is RT-PCR and you get it same day.

Ah, I see… I had an appointment booked with them for next week, which they cancelled this morning :frowning:.

Welcome back after 9 years!!!

1 Like

Thanks. Was hoping to make it 17 years like the cicadas.

4 Likes

Is the result of the covid test in English? The UK insists on that.

Why are hospitals cancelling appointments already made?

They say they have to keep their resources to test for local pandemic management needs.

1 Like

Maybe go to Taichung for a dsay? They only have a few cases there.

1 Like

I think they should make a distinction between Taiwan passport holders and foreign nationals. It’s one thing to prevent citizens from leaving but another to make it difficult or impossible for foreigners to repatriate to their home country.

Cancelling appointments when they’re reporting a few hundred cases a day is weird. This isn’t India (yet?).

I’d be fine with a rule that if you leave as a foreigner (even ARC holder) you have to have a really good excuse (family illness, etc.) to leave or can’t come back until the worst is over.

1 Like

Surely, there are private clinics that will do it for a little more? Say 9000? It’s usually like that.

I’d do it in a heartbeat so I wouldn’t have to worry about cancellations. Haven’t been able to find such a private clinic yet. Hints most welcome! :upside_down_face:

Thanks for the suggestion. This is my back-up plan now!

1 Like

Here’s the first website I’ve found so far today with open spots: Banqiao Far Eastern
https://volunteer.femh.org.tw/tocc/Apply/CovidBooking?t=637571272170924287
They are the hospital that saw some cases recently though, so I guess that’s why they have so many spots

3 Likes

Does everyone have this list?

1 Like

Appointments are full everywhere, but many hospitals, including Yangming, Fu Jen, and Tri Services among others, are doing them first come first serve if you show up really early in the morning.

Travelling around hospitals at the time of a surge would seem to be a good way to get the virus.

Taichung mifgt be best?

If anyone finds a giid option in the north, please let us know.

I named three, though there are others. I did mine at Yangming.

Edit: I just learned that Tri Service is no longer doing early walk ups.