Texan gun laws allow murder?

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,428222,00.html

I call it an evil man who used unnecessary force because he could get away with it. Showed no mercy to a couple of teens stealing some soda and chips.

What do you call it?

I agree 100%. Let’s just hope this fucker is found guilty. But don’t hold your breath.

I started a [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/texas-legal-to-shoot-fleeing-unarmed-man-in-the-back/45461/1 THREAD[/url] a while back, after some yahoo in Texas wasn’t prosecuted even though he walked out of his house with a gun and shot in the back two men fleeing from his neighbor’s house, after first calling 911 and explaining that he was going to go out and kill the guys and despite the fact that the police were already on the scene when he exited his house and shot them.

Weird mentality in that state. No surprise that George Pre-Emptive Bush is from Texas.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]I agree 100%. Let’s just hope this fucker is found guilty. But don’t hold your breath.

I started a [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/texas-legal-to-shoot-fleeing-unarmed-man-in-the-back/45461/1 THREAD[/url] a while back, after some yahoo in Texas wasn’t prosecuted even though he walked out of his house with a gun and shot in the back two men fleeing from his neighbor’s house, after first calling 911 and explaining that he was going to go out and kill the guys and despite the fact that the police were already on the scene when he exited his house and shot them.

Weird mentality in that state. No surprise that George Pre-Emptive Bush is from Texas.[/quote]

Yes I read about that case and how he was acquitted of all charges.

Guns! How awful. As we struggle to become a more diverse nation, this will have a terrible chilling effect as the diversity starts to think twice before breaking into people’s houses, stealing food, and doing whatever else they were planning on doing (did he have a daughter, perhaps?) that we’ll never know about now because they’re dead, STONE COLD DEAD!!

Dear God, the humanity! Ay yay yay yay…

The guy is around sixty, hears some noises and confronts 4 teens who are really kids. If its all true that he forced them to neal and then whipped them with the butt of the shotgun and then shot one of them dead in the back. IF this is indeed all true, its very heartless. I can see him asking his creator one day for forgiveness while he gave none to those kids. All for a few chips and some softdrinks?

Defense attorneys regularly try to paint feral teenaged gangbangers as underaged minor children that society should feel guilty for not taking better care of.

So–how was our gun-toting geezer supposed to know that all they were planning to do was steal twinkies? For that matter, how are WE supposed to know this?

And did it ever occur to you that while he was holding the four of them at gunpoint, one of them might have made a sudden move? (Either to escape, or to attack him–we’ll never know.) In that case shooting would be justified, no?

You have to realize that this is Laredo, on the Texas-Mexican border. (The geezer and all four of the teenagers were all Mexicans.) Huge crime problems.

Did you even read the linked article? If it’s halfway accurate, it doesn’t sound like the shooter can possibly argue he was in fear for his safety or that of others.

[quote] The boys, who were unarmed, were forced to their knees, attorneys on both sides say.

The boys claim they were begging for forgiveness when Gonzalez hit them with the barrel of the shotgun and kicked them repeatedly.

Then, the medical examiner testified, 13-year-old Francisco Anguiano was shot in the back at point-blank range.[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that is justifiable, even if they did break into his house to steal his twinkies?