Texas passes law on abortion, limits to six weeks to get it done

No it doesn’t.

Or more generally, trust in your foundational beliefs.

Why not? I don’t think even “E pluribus unum" can please everyone. Instead, make lemonade from lemons.

Especially if they involve nihilism. :fire:

I don’t trust in God does not mean I trust no one, is all.

I’m not about to march on Washington over it, but it’s a crap motto.

2 Likes

Then for you the motto could mean, “In those I trust, God-like respect I bestow”.

If you can just make words mean whatever you want, then they have no meaning.

If I’m going to get petty and puerile, I’ll say that I don’t want to be one with the people of California, nor are we really one. We have probably never been, but we are less now than we ever have been, with the possible exception of the Civil War. But even then Americans probably shared more in common beliefs than we do now.

Maybe a little more, I personally aim to extend respect to the right of people to hold religious belief, and I would fight to defend those rights as extended under the Constitution. It doesn’t seem the same sentiment is being returned in this matter.

1 Like

This is my issue with BLM, Antifa, relativism, proponents of the “living, breathing Constitution”, transgender activists, leftists, etc.

1 Like

I think that’s the case many times but not always. Think of how everyone gets a different idea or feeling from a song. Mottos are definitely in the same vibe IMO. Something we can all make personal in our own way.

It was a motto adopted during the Cold War so posturing politicians could wrap themselves in holiness by saying atheists are dirty commies, not real Americans.

Now this is pro-life.