Texas Roadhouse vs Gordon Beirsch

I did not know.

They’ve tried to make it seem not much has changed: same decor, very similar menu. But the food that I used to like - mostly not that great anyway (but they had genuinely good beef dip sliders!) - has gone a step down in quality.

Yup, I like the first and the third quite a bit, and have been to both in the past few weeks. But both close weekdays around 2pm, somewhat annoyingly.

I’m not a huge fan of steak or burgers anyway, and those are very much what TRH prioritizes. Bogart’s is probably my favourite of the barbecue places, but since I live in Danshui that’s back of beyond for me, and it’s definitely not a place to linger.

Oh right. Maybe that’s why I’ve only gone once or twice.

Hey, looks like Texas Roadhouse now has at least one vegetarian main, and I believe only one, the vegetable kebab. I think last time I went there I didn’t even bother asking my wife because there weren’t any vegetarian choices. So at least now it’s an option for both of us.

1 Like

What’s the “A” in GBA?

Good question. As far as I can figure, “Asia”. The words “Gordon Biersch” seem to be excised from their website, so I guess the name is now “GB Asia”.

Game Boy Advance