African Swine Fever Messages From Government

I think you didn’t really get gim.

Updates:

Well, 200k ain´t small cash.

200k ain’t nothing if you don’t pay it

‘The measure comes following demands from DPP legislators in December, who were concerned hefty penalties were being left unpaid. Between Dec. 14 and Dec. 30, 137 people were issued fines for attempting to smuggle meat into Taiwan, although the number of those who actually paid their ticket is unclear.’

I don´t know if this belongs her eor in teh whack things in Taiwan: a pig carcass is found in the middle of Taipei, causes small concern regarding African swine fever. Heping East road. Yes, sir, in te middle of fancy Da’an district.

Was it someone’s unwanted pet? Or is there a pig farm in the middle of the skycrappers? African swine strikes in teh heart of the city!:cactus:

But has it been tested? has it thrown a positive?

They just found it. They haven´t even explained what the heck it was doing there.

My money is on dumped/escaped pet.

Maybe it’s being dumped by a Chinese secret agent.

Now you can make it at home!

4 Likes

Eh current conspiracy theory says it is being dumped by DPP gummit, though. Yep, that is what the netizens say.

K-Man?

K man.

1 Like

The Kman is on the case:

What the heck is a musk pig?

See why I do not like that area? The poorest side of Heping clashing in the mountains with the high walled mansion twonhouses on the hills. Old veterans who have lost their savings and pensions in stock market/gambling/Mainland China wives build a hut in the mountains, a la Tresure Hill back in the beginning in 49…

Oh and Kman there was another pig found like in the middle of the street in Tainan. Seems like the solution to a sick pig, rather than face government scrutiny and possible losses if anything contagious is found, is to dump the carcass anywhere…

Well seems I am not the only one feeling suspicious:

I heard this swine fever is already raging in Europe (Eastern Europe and Belgium) thanks to Russia. I hope it doesn’t spread to the entire continent.

Couple of updates on the fine situation - 200k to one million now BTW for getting pork from affected areas in.

First ASF-confirmed pork product found in mail

2019/01/24 23:28:57

Photo courtesy of the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine

Taipei, Jan. 24 (CNA) Another four cases of pork products originating in China have tested positive for African swine fever (ASF), including the first courier package found to contain meat products that tested positive for the virus, a Council of Agriculture (COA) official said Thursday.

During a press conference organized by the government’s ASF disaster response center, COA deputy chief Huang Chin-Cheng (黃金城) said the four new cases brought the total to 18.

According to the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ), the 15th case was found on Jan. 14 in a courier package containing ham sausages produced in China’s Shandong province.

It was the first time pork products in a courier package tested positive for ASF, the BAPHIQ said, adding that this shows the virus could enter Taiwan through multiple channels, including the postal system.

The 16th case, which was dried pork jerky produced in China’s Jiangsu province, was sent anonymously to inspection officials in Hsinchu.

Meanwhile, the 17th and 18th cases were found on Jan. 11 in two different type of sausages brought by passengers from the Chinese city of Tianjin, for which separate fines of NT$200,000 (US$6,473.90) were issued.

To prevent African swine fever from reaching Taiwan, the government on Dec. 18, 2018 increased the fines for bringing in pork products from countries with ASF outbreaks, with first offenders liable to a fine of NT$200,000 and repeat offenders NT$1 million.

As of Jan. 23, 71 people had been fined NT$200,000 for violating the ban, according to data from the BAPHIQ.

Huang stressed that all the pork products that tested positive for ASF originated in China and he cautioned members of the public that bringing in such products could harm Taiwan’s pig farming industry.

Since the first confirmed case of ASF was reported in China’s Liaoning Province last August, Taiwan has been on high alert, concerned that the spread of the virus from China could devastate the country’s NT$80 billion-a-year (US$2.59 billion) pig farming industry.

Although it does not affect humans, the virus is deadly to pigs with no known vaccine or cure.

And regarding foreigners:

Foreign nationals who fail to pay pork fine to be denied entry

2019/01/24 22:24:57

Huang Chin-Cheng (黃金城)

Foreign nationals who fail to pay pork fine to be denied entry

Taipei, Jan. 24 (CNA) Starting Friday, foreign nationals who fail to pay a fine of NT$200,000 (US$6,472) for attempting to bring pork products into the country from African swine fever (ASF) affected areas will be denied entry, a Council of Agriculture (COA) official said Thursday.

During a press conference organized by the government’s ASF disaster response center, COA deputy chief Huang Chin-Cheng (黃金城) said starting Friday if a foreign national is fined he or she must pay the fine in full or be denied entry to Taiwan.

The earlier measure only denied entry to foreign nationals returning to Taiwan without having paid a fine incurred on their previous trip.

To prevent African swine fever from reaching Taiwan, the government on Dec. 18, 2018 increased the fines for bringing in pork products from countries with ASF outbreaks, with first offenders liable to a fine of NT$200,000 and repeat offenders NT$1 million.

As of Jan. 23, 71 people had been fined NT$200,000 for violating the ban, according to data from the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ).

Meanwhile, the ASF disaster response center called for passengers not to bring Chinese pork products into the country after new cases of ASF infected products were recently discovered.

A total of 18 pork products passengers attempted to bring into the country have tested positive for ASF since Oct. 31, 2018, all from China, according to BAPHIQ data.

Since the first confirmed case of ASF was reported in China’s Liaoning Province last August, Taiwan has been on high alert, concerned that the spread of the virus from China could devastate the country’s NT$80 billion-a-year (US$2.59 billion) pig farming industry.

Though it does not affect humans, the virus is deadly to pigs and there is no known vaccine or cure.

They desperately need a vaccine for this . It’s inevitable that it will arrive on the island at some point.
Not that I am saying they should relax in their preventative measures.

Japan swine fever crisis is reaching serious proportions. Interesting what they point as the cause:

I’m somewhat impressed by how the government has actually kept the fever at bay so far. I thought with how STUPID ppl are we would’ve had it like in a week after the news came out lol.

It’s also weird how ppl here (England) don’t seem to care at all when Belgium is already affected, which is one of their closest trading partners. I guess nothing matters more than the Brexit disaster.

When is this going to be over?

Considering how China clearly doesn’t give a shit, probably 30 years.