African Swine Fever Messages From Government

There was a squad of police on duty at the airport for it. I couldn’t work out exactly what they were trying to accomplish though.

To shoot the pork.

1 Like

They were going crazy at the airport today giving out these cards . If you got the card you avoided 'special inspection ’ prior to immigration . I assume they are mostly intercepting the planes from China prior to the immigration gate.

Ahh, so no cards for planes from certain areas. Makes sense

The official handing them out said they wouldn’t let us through quarantine without the cards. Everybody on our plane (not from China ) had to take a card !

How’d they figure that out? Oh, you mean your plane was not from China. Same here

I landed in Songsan a few days ago from Xiamen. They had dogs out clearly only on this flight from China. And one guy have the beagle go crazy and had to get inspected.

A little example of how sensitive the fogs are: someone got in hot water when a used empty hamburger wrap in their luggage was detected by the police dog.

Problem of swine fever going abroad. Seriously?!

2 Likes

Fucking Chinese…

I’m just eating a Cottage pie :pensive:, not as exciting .

That’s a lot of pork.

Madness…

Fines also in effect if you are travelling to Japan or South Korea. Heads up: no food from the plane allowed on land.

This is a sign that trouble in China is a-brewing. Along with the no changes on pork prices…because they killed them all!

https://twitter.com/S_Rabinovitch/status/1143016767339429888

1 Like

I’m curious when they clean out a plane how do they make sure the trash (which is sure to come from another land and could contain invasive species) don’t end up in the environment? Do they have special handling protocol or do they burn it on site?

At least when I supervised cleaning crew, they went into special sealed containers, then off site processing. Dunno how they do it here.

We do know the check the special dumping bins set at the airport before customs, as they have found several contaminated items there.

The situation is worse than China let´s on:

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201906300023.html

Yeah who knows what they are eating over there now . Yikes who knows what I was eating !
Actually it should encourage us to stop eating pork altogether , that is an inhumane industry.

1 Like

Still important.

Survives in refrigerated pork 100 days.

Survives in frozen pork ~3 years.

2 Likes